Help › Forums

Random invites from CC owners

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 25 2014 5:03 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2012 11:54 AM

Firstly, let me state this is not an advertisement for any CC - it is a topic about CC owners inviting every single player they see.

These people are "poaching" players from CC's which they are happily in, either annoying the person who receives the invite or annoying to the people in the CC, who often have worked hard to get their status as a good CC, without out-of-the-blue invites. 

Also, these people sending the invites think success, and being a top CC, comes with having lots of members. This is far from the case. A great CC comes with integrity, a homely feeling, and most importantly, active members. The way to achieve this is putting a topic up in the forum, inviting your friends to come and join, then slowly - but surely - building up your club, as they talk with their friends about joining, etc etc. 

Alas, this will probably never change. There are guys who think they can waltz right in, start a CC and by inviting everyone in sight, get an active CC going. 

There are people out there who do this regularly, and although (as far as I know) there is no rule against naming and shaming CC's, I will not be naming names. But you know who you are, and if you are doing it, please stop.

• Glas67
    117 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2012 12:03 PM

Agreed wholeheartedly Sarge, I struggle to see the point.

I had not one, but two invites to join the same CC when I logged in today.  They are quite a large club (140+ members) but I looked through the list thinking someone in the club must have recommended me or something.  Lo and behold, I don't even recognise a single person who plays for them bar one and I have never spoken with the guy, I just know he plays on WGTLS.

Did they do a mass mail or something??  They certainly never came after me because of my "skill" LOL.

• royphillips1
    1,278 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2012 12:36 PM

Bang on the Money with this one Sarge Our Club has had Similar Problems  Some Members have been Head-hunted Continualy to the Point they have asked me how can it be stopped, they are just fed up With these Constant lnvites, Dont have this Problem  myself,they only go after the good players, lol.

Roy.

• BaconButty
    116 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2012 3:28 PM

SgtDoodles:

Firstly, let me state this is not an advertisement for any CC - it is a topic about CC owners inviting every single player they see.

These people are "poaching" players from CC's which they are happily in, either annoying the person who receives the invite or annoying to the people in the CC, who often have worked hard to get their status as a good CC, without out-of-the-blue invites. 

Also, these people sending the invites think success, and being a top CC, comes with having lots of members. This is far from the case. A great CC comes with integrity, a homely feeling, and most importantly, active members. The way to achieve this is putting a topic up in the forum, inviting your friends to come and join, then slowly - but surely - building up your club, as they talk with their friends about joining, etc etc. 

Alas, this will probably never change. There are guys who think they can waltz right in, start a CC and by inviting everyone in sight, get an active CC going. 

There are people out there who do this regularly, and although (as far as I know) there is no rule against naming and shaming CC's, I will not be naming names. But you know who you are, and if you are doing it, please stop.

47 members out of 100. masters, tour masters, legend, Don't tell me Plim has not gone out of his way and done any of the above you talk about and good luck to him. As to waltzing in and startting a CC and why not. Top Country Club your are in the UK and all your members are hand picked. l DON'T SEE ONE HACK IN YOUR COUNTRY CLUB. 

Yes l run a CC and l do go hopping round the site looking for new good "CLUB FREE"  players. l do send invites, 80% of the time l put something on the wall of the player and ask 20% l just click the invite box "l don't like doing this" its just l don't get paid and l only have so much time WGT is not my life.

SgtDoodles.  you are becoming a top player with good career earnings and would boost any CC. l don't think WGT will stop this. Just deleate the invite and smile.

Any good "Club Free" players reading this looking for a new homely Country Club to park your butt in Bunckers Greasy Spoon Cafe's door is open.

Regards Plim Top CC Keep up the good work.

Wish you good luck in your game SgtDoodles

Baconbutty     

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2012 4:40 PM

BaconButty:

47 members out of 100. masters, tour masters, legend, Don't tell me Plim has not gone out of his way and done any of the above you talk about and good luck to him. As to waltzing in and startting a CC and why not. Top Country Club your are in the UK and all your members are hand picked. l DON'T SEE ONE HACK IN YOUR COUNTRY CLUB. 

Yes l run a CC and l do go hopping round the site looking for new good "CLUB FREE"  players. l do send invites, 80% of the time l put something on the wall of the player and ask 20% l just click the invite box "l don't like doing this" its just l don't get paid and l only have so much time WGT is not my life.

SgtDoodles.  you are becoming a top player with good career earnings and would boost any CC. l don't think WGT will stop this. Just deleate the invite and smile.

Any good "Club Free" players reading this looking for a new homely Country Club to park your butt in Bunckers Greasy Spoon Cafe's door is open.

Baconbutty     

Actually the way Plim recruits our members is by current members recommending players that we've played with that are looking to join a club. If we think they would fit in then we run it past our owner. Also Plim receives around 200+ requests every month from players wanting to join and some are accepted if they fit the bill. The reason there aren't any hacks or amateurs in our club is because we want players that have shown commitment to the game by tiering up and maybe spent a little on new equipment. The last thing we want is a hack thats been here a week and just passing through and may never come back to the game or worse still, a multi accounting hack.

I receive random invites from other clubs quite often. Personally i just reject them and it doesn't bother me receiving them. I do laugh to myself though that a club thats been running a few weeks thinks they may be able to go round and poach some the top clubs members. It takes time to build up a club to the standard of any of the clubs shown on the community page and you won't get up there just by poaching players with good career earnings.

Dazza501 (English Lakes CC member)

• BaconButty
    116 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2012 7:20 PM

DAZZA501:

BaconButty:

Baconbutty     

Actually the way Plim recruits our members is by current members recommending players that we've played with that are looking to join a club. If we think they would fit in then we run it past our owner. Also Plim receives around 200+ requests every month from players wanting to join and some are accepted if they fit the bill. The reason there aren't any hacks or amateurs in our club is because we want players that have shown commitment to the game by tiering up and maybe spent a little on new equipment. The last thing we want is a hack thats been here a week and just passing through and may never come back to the game or worse still, a multi accounting hack.

I receive random invites from other clubs quite often. Personally i just reject them and it doesn't bother me receiving them. I do laugh to myself though that a club thats been running a few weeks thinks they may be able to go round and poach some the top clubs members. It takes time to build up a club to the standard of any of the clubs shown on the community page and you won't get up there just by poaching players with good career earnings.

Dazza501 (English Lakes CC member)

Actually what ever!!!!!. you have said nothing but say someone is wrong for doing this or someone is wrong for doing that. multi accounting hacks. l don't see any point for a hack doing this unless there first accont was that of a legend and they where making 2 other legends. you stand 74th in the money list this month with 2 other legend acconts you could come in 1st 2nd & 3rd big money!!! now is that not worth doing. Or are you still going to tell me a hack is running multi acconts for 78 credits cost them more than that in credits for balls. Look at the top of the chain mate you will find multi acconts even big cheats?. l will still stand by my words all your members are hand picked. you have said this yourself above. as to lower tier member rubish you just don't wont them lowering the tone of you club and stopping you poaching new members from the system. and Don't forget alot of this good career earnings is toy money after all said this still is just a game.          

• Daskino
    2,781 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2012 8:48 AM

DAZZA501:
    It takes time to build up a club to the standard of any of the clubs shown on the community page and you won't get up there just by poaching players with good career earnings.

Signed, sealed and delivered.

• cycle1979
    1,555 Posts
    Fri, Apr 13 2012 6:01 AM

bump.... there's an owner of a bunch of Legends in a League that does a lot of poaching...  

• connorken
    643 Posts
    Fri, Apr 13 2012 9:00 AM

Rest assured I will not send out blanket invites. I find it to be intrusive and disrespectful. I have limited my Country Club to 15 Ambassadors only. What would be the benefit to just have warm bodies and don't participate anyway?

I would rather have 15 friends that share the same passion and would represent my club with dignity and respect. Sometimes bigger is not always better. Plus, Chardonnay, is for the "Elite 15" only. Interesting topic though Sgt.

Connorken

• PAGES
RSS