Help › Forums

same sht different month

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 26 2010 11:24 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • flyers5182
    50 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2010 6:45 AM
    My favorite part of this game and the most addicting thing is that I can't breeze through the tiers, I can never have "the perfect round," and I'm not bored. Ive been playing for some time and my score goes up and down, 66 for 2 weeks, recently Im back up to 70. God forbid someone gets challenged around here. But I do agree that we could use a new course. It was promised that we'd be able to shoto a round on St. Andrews. Hopefully soon, but I can't even handle the holes we have now yet.
  • borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2010 9:30 AM

I have played both wgt and the closed beta TWO and believe me without a doubt this has TWO beat  by a lot. The physics alone aren't even comparable. On some slightly uphill putts in TWO if you don't smash the ball it ends up behind  you.

And from what I heard the last time I played TWO EA Sports plans to have either a monthly or yearly fee to play when it goes public. And if they don't make some drastic improvements it won't be worth it.

• Fata
    116 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2010 12:58 PM

Open Beta is up and running on TWO.    I'm enjoying it.  It's something new and fun.   I enjoy playing this game as well.   I'm sure TWO will eventually get around to looking for dough as well.

I can't see why any fan of golf games wouldn't be playing both and I see familiar names out on the course on TWO.

Why not just play them all?

• flyers5182
    50 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 11:33 AM
    I'd love to "play them all" except my computer froze when the game screen opened and I took a couple shots. This is why WGT is king. My (work) computer is a couple years old and is starting to run slower, but WGT only gliches when an important shot comes up, not like my only experience with TWO where I couldn't even finish 1 hole. Ill stay here where is warm and the sites not run by a sex addict. (at least not a known one)
  • JoelWhite
    101 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 11:42 AM

Travbchiln sez....

"I think this is the best golf sim ever. No Game gives me, (an avid golfer) the feel of hitting a good shot like this game. Not to mention Tiger cant touch the HD renderings that WGT provides."

So well-said, it deserves to be posted twice.

• acca
    78 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 1:31 PM

just played 2 games on two . you can not compare TWO to this game , no where near as relistic abd the graphics look to fake to me , even the putting and the flight of the ball are not real , atleast here at wgt it looks real and tells you where you landed oh and as long as you hit the meter you will hit the strait shot , dose it all for ya , boring !!!! atleast here you have to think about it for a sec or 2 , oh well back to playing wgt  the real golf game ......

• Fata
    116 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2010 1:24 PM

Well one thing I like about TWO is the driving.  Here I'm hitting the ball 220 yards or the like on average.  Then I end up with some 210+ yard shot and no way of getting there.  Sure isn't happening to me on the real course unless I completely duff a drive.  Heck my new driver is so easy to hit, corrects bad hits and fart practically throws the thing down the fairway 250 yards by itself.

So in that instance I'm finding when I hit a good drive on TWO on a long par four I'm in position to reach the green in two whereas on WGT it's an impossiblity.   Yes I could buy better clubs etc. but at the moment it's not a requirement on TWO.

Of course when they start charging a monthly fee it will send me back here more often but right now that particular bit of realism is nice.  Plus no weird meter crap and no way off deviations other than my crappy shots.

I'm going to play both but at the moment I'm playing TWO because it's something new and does not have the ongoing WGT problems.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2010 1:37 PM

Correct me if am wrong TWO lovers, but you spent about $50 on that game, and this game with standard equip is $50 less than that.  So why wouldnt you spend $30 on this and buy better equipment?  Or spend $11on a driver and putter, get better, and win credits to buy better irons, woods, etc?

• Fata
    116 Posts
    Tue, Jan 26 2010 11:24 AM

It's free online at the moment.  Open beta.

• PAGES
RSS