Forums

Help › Forums

What to do with 100 credits?

Mon, Jan 11 2010 9:59 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Joshk311
    6 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 7:06 PM

Should I buy some Balls or should I wait and keep saving my credits for clubs?

Thanks!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 7:14 PM

100 credits is so little towards a decent driver that I'd rather spend them on some advanced golf balls (although the best ones, GI-SD, sell at about 120 credits or so).

• Joshk311
    6 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 7:52 PM

I was looking at the GI2-S.  Has anybody played with those?  Or should I look at others (>100 credits)?

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 8:05 PM

There's only 1 type more expensive than $1, and that's the GI-SD balls. Those are definitely worth trying.

My second choice would be the GI2-S balls, like you say. That's because they're supposed to slow down the meter considerably, while also adding spin. Haven't bought these myself yet, but other players told me they liked playing with them.

Here is an overview of all 10 currently available ball types.

• Joshk311
    6 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 8:08 PM

Nice!  thanks man!

• Joshk311
    6 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 8:09 PM

How long do the balls last?  Is that what the durability is?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 8:41 PM

A word of caution, Josh. Don't expect a dramatic difference in your game by buying balls, you might be disappointed. The 100 credit driver upgrade will make a bigger difference, albeit not that much. The different attributes of each ball work with the attributes of the clubs and the starter clubs don't have much there. Yes, the durability is how long they last and each ball has a rating for that. Hope this helps.

YJ

• Joshk311
    6 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 8:48 PM

Thanks Jim.  I have heard from friends that the increased speed of the meter makes the 100 credit upgrade driver hard to use....

Do you know how long the balls last?  1 round, 10 rounds, a week, a month?  just a ball park.

thanks

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 8:56 PM

I think the lowest-durability ball (GI-SD, for example) might perhaps last two full 18-hole rounds or so. That's just a rough estimate. The cheapest upgraded ball, B-XD, has very high durability, almost comparable to the free ball, if you can compare at all a definite value with one that is endless.  

I'd say the effect of buying an upgraded ball should be felt immediately, especially if it's one of the meter-slowdown types (GI-SD, GI2-S, etc.). Or, I remember how difficult it can be to reach Bethpge greens with basic clubs; one of the ultra-distance balls might really make a difference there between reaching GIR or not on quite a few holes.

• PAGES
RSS