Forums

Help › Forums

Courses with Multiple Pins

Thu, Mar 29 2012 6:21 AM (31 replies)
  • SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Fri, Jan 13 2012 5:15 AM

WGTicon:

There will be new pins for both CCC and RSG. I have seen & played some.

Not all are done and it will take a while and I do not have a time frame for it.

-wgticon

Be ready because in  hole 18 CCC, the pin will probably  be 2 yards to the left of the current location.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Fri, Jan 13 2012 5:36 AM

SOYEL1:

The best way to approach hole 2 at Oakmont(new pin) is to aim below the other(more usual) pin and use full backspin, the ball rolls like 60 feet downhill and there you have the new pin. Next time, play the new pin as if you were still playing the old one....:-)

Definitely ended up down there a few times playing the original Oakmont qualifier when I just missed the hole and caught that funnel.

• 3puttsSuk
    361 Posts
    Sat, Jan 14 2012 7:06 PM

I like the Charity Scrambles that usually have one hole with 3 pins on the green.  Maybe implement that on an Alternate Shot match somehow. Just a thought.

• DavidTomsFanatic
    43 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 5:14 AM

Can't wait to see new pins at CCC. Some holes that could really change the entire strategy of the hole would be having Hole #6 at the back left, Hole #7 at the back right or front left, Hole #12 pin at the left part of the green, #13 tucked behind a bunker, and #17 tucked in the back right (where it played as the toughest hole of the course at the US Open when the pin was there).

• Ricky5317
    51 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 6:10 AM

I have to say that Oakmont is 1 of 2 things:-

1.  The course is a bloody joke, as the greens cheat dependent upon whether you are going up the side of the fckin mountain (aka green) or down! 

2    The WGT Software is crap as its unrealistic a drive will travel only 15 yards after landing, yet a putt will run for about 10 yards past the hole when the meter is on about 3 foot roll.

Why I play the game god alone knows, even the real game is less difficult than this crap!!

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 8:00 AM

And maybe the pin on #18 tucked into the pond on the left.  Oh, wait a minute, it already is.

• KJHAWK2
    567 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 10:45 AM

Ricky, Ricky.... I thought this discussion was about multiple pins not about how Oakmont kicks your butt???? I'm sure there is a forum for you to complain about the Oak somewhere!

P.S. Ever thought of not playing it?

HAWK 

• imperialrock
    217 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2012 1:30 AM

KJHAWK2:

Ricky, Ricky.... I thought this discussion was about multiple pins not about how Oakmont kicks your butt???? I'm sure there is a forum for you to complain about the Oak somewhere!

P.S. Ever thought of not playing it?

HAWK 

Let's not pick on Ricky......lest we forget, he HAS played a whole 62 ranked rounds, after all.

• Daskino
    2,781 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2012 2:42 AM

WGTicon:

There will be new pins for both CCC and RSG. I have seen & played some.

Always a nice news, Icon.

BTW, thinking at the old St. Andrews CTTH Challenge, I know there could be a limited third pin set (#5, #7, #11, #14, #18 - If I remember right).

Could they be implemented? Or it's not a workable option?

RSS