Help › Forums

Courses with Multiple Pins

Thu, Mar 29 2012 6:21 AM (31 replies)
  • ryan4spurs
    828 Posts
    Mon, Jan 9 2012 6:26 PM

andyson:

^^^^^-what he said!

If you look closely at the video of Chad Nelson at RSG, around the 4:00 mark, he explains how the take photos of the greens.  In the background is the green on RSG #16 and a photograper on the green (@4:36) taking a photo of a small flag stuck in the green.  In fact there are 3 small flags on the green indicating to me they have planned on, and photographed, at least 3 pin positions on RSG. 

I'm pretty sure, of the 3 flags shown, the small yellow flag is our current pin location.

3 pin placements would be great, but surely its more likely that at least 1 of those small flags is for CTTH courses only. Although it doesn't make too much sense to have CTTH only pin placements because they would still have to map the whole green. Time will tell I guess as to if or when we get some new pin placements on RSG and CCC.

• KJHAWK2
    567 Posts
    Mon, Jan 9 2012 7:29 PM

Still don't understand why any course would have only 1 set of pin placements???? Every course that is released on  this game has gotta have multiple pins. 2 at least and 4 for a lot of holes. The same shots and same putts do get a little boring time to time.

HAWK

• TarheelsRule
    5,526 Posts
    Mon, Jan 9 2012 9:50 PM

Just played the week 2 / 18 hole at St Andrews, I got the normal back tee on #11.  Still have to say that the random pins on WGT seem to be weighted about 90% to one pin on about 75% of the holes and the other 25% are random.

I'm looking forward to seeing new pins on CCC.  The 6th hole, I believe, the par 5 over the pond has a back middle tee in stroke play.  If you play the Blitz / CTTH on the Best of Water Holes, I seem to remember that pin being just over the water and right so there is another pin on that hole, at least in CTTH.

I agaree with KJ......I would think you would map 3 to 4 pin placements on all the courses that are being mapped.  Playing that way and switching them around so that they are really random, makes you feel that you are playing a totally different course, especially if the tees are switched around as well.

• KJHAWK2
    567 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2012 4:55 PM

Exactly THR!  If you did have multiple pins on all the future releases, there would be a lot of random scores that you and i, maybe even some of the superstars on this game would shake your head at. Just a thought......... Love this game and always will! Just a tweak here and................................................................... ...................................................there wouldn't hurt.

HAWK

• 3puttsSuk
    361 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2012 5:53 PM

More pins mean more pics, more pics means more programming, more money.  It would add a good challenge though.

Rock Chalk

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2012 6:09 PM

There will be new pins for both CCC and RSG. I have seen & played some.

Not all are done and it will take a while and I do not have a time frame for it.

-wgticon

• KJHAWK2
    567 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2012 6:13 PM

Great news Icon!

HAWK

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2012 10:11 AM

How many man hours are involved from taking the pictures to the actual programing for the release of a course?

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2012 2:58 PM

danohi50:

How many man hours are involved from taking the pictures to the actual programing for the release of a course?

watch the video referenced above and chad will tell you all about it

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Fri, Jan 13 2012 5:11 AM

The best way to approach hole 2 at Oakmont(new pin) is to aim below the other(more usual) pin and use full backspin, the ball rolls like 60 feet downhill and there you have the new pin. Next time, play the new pin as if you were still playing the old one....:-)

RSS