Forums

Help › Forums

Product releases

Sat, Jan 23 2010 6:30 PM (29 replies)
  • hummbabe00
    207 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 10:15 PM

yankee, i understand exactly what you are stating. and i also know that your "bashing" wasn't that at all. it's a matter of taste on what type of course you like to play. personally, i like the tahoe ctth and would prefer THAT course to be at the top of the list. i live in the mountains so that makes sense. i love the courses we have here with the rolling hills and trees etc.

i didn't think you were cutting down on a course that has so much history and tradition but were just giving your opinion. we could sit here all night arguing about which is better, BP or KI. but i think what we all want is more variety. even if it isn't our own preferred course. :)

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Mon, Jan 11 2010 1:32 AM
    It´s great to have a new course, whether it´s St.Andrews or the one down the road, at least it makes a change. Ready go improvements? They´re fine as they are!
  • joma1108
    42 Posts
    Mon, Jan 11 2010 2:30 AM
    Jim, You know i respect your opinion and your right to have one however i live a few hours from St Andres Old Course and having played it and walked it (as it is a public thoroughfare on a sunday) hmmm wonder if WGT will stick with tradition and close the course on a sunday..anyhooo i agree that in looks St andrews is really nothing to look (infact a lot of the 'new courses' built along the st andrews bay are much mor appealing to the eye, castle course being one) How many people have had their pictures taken at Swilican bridge where Jack took his swansong to the british open, so many of the greats have hung on until St Andrews before retiring from the game. my point is that although she may be an ugly lady there is an old adage, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and trust me if you ever got the chance to play her you would change your mind, she is nothing like any course you have played or will ever play. Long overdue to have it on this site. just my $0.02
  • wallydawg68
    46 Posts
    Sat, Jan 16 2010 6:51 AM

Soulcatcher:

And I quote

Coming Soon (30-60 days)

• Ready-Go Tournament improvements
    • New clubs
    • St Andrews front 9 stroke play course
    • Ball color sorting in Pro Shop

Anyone else feel like dancing a jig?

Tanec

Yes I think I will dance. With some penguins too.

• JoelWhite
    101 Posts
    Sat, Jan 16 2010 8:15 AM

YankeeJim sez....

"St. Ugly has historic ramifications and I believe that's why it's happening. It's an ugly course."

One man's historic golf course is another man's cow/sheep pasture...and yes, I've played it. The only thing missing was the bovine scat lying about. :)

• Titleist4life
    7 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2010 3:46 PM

Any idea on what the clubs will be like??

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2010 4:24 AM

They have never leaked that info before. If I was looking to up grade I would wait at this point to see what comes out. Alex has stated that the update is at the end of the month.

Of curse it is like anything, If you keep waiting for the best version you will never buy anything. Hence I still have a 12" black and white TV because I heard that there was a killer new LCD coming out soon........lol.

Happy hitting

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2010 4:32 AM

Soulcatcher:
    They have never leaked that info before.

I think there was at least one slight exception to that practice...    A few months ago, they had revealed in advance that the upcoming product update would feature short-range wedges, and it did.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2010 5:01 AM

True..............still just a teaser though. 

• Showtime29
    70 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 11:50 AM

This...I wouldnt hold your breathe waiting for any release to come out.   It is usually 3 months after they originally say the release will come out, which is quite a bit of time waiting to upgrade a piece of equipment.

I only hope "by the end of THE month", they were speaking of January...

RSS