• Ball color sorting in Pro Shop

Anyone else feel like dancing a jig?

Tanec

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2010 12:41 PM

The link to the product releases:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/5038/29570.aspx#29570

And yes, I do wish to dance a merry jig (with bananas)

Tanec

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2010 1:00 PM

Tanec

YEE HAW ... ST. ANDREWS AT LAST .... i really thought they would wait until the british open rolled around this year like they did with beth last ...

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2010 1:09 PM
    i guess thats what they'll do bring us the full 18 of St Andrews a month before the British Open for maximum effect.
  • danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2010 4:14 PM

I hope when St andies is released, we get atleast 3 pin positions.

• Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2010 4:53 PM

Under the Roadmap features, I see Shot-shaping and stance controls down at the bottom.  This option should be up at the top of the list right under Concede putt in match play.

Warren

• bullpin
    630 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 5:39 PM

I sure do hope St. Andrews lives up to all the hype. Its been quite a while that we've been waiting for a new course. I hope its as great as we all think it'll be

Tanec

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 5:49 PM

It isn't. St. Ugly has historic ramifications and I believe that's why it's happening. It's an ugly course. Trees weren't invented when this course came to be. God's been trying to blow it off the map since day 1. They put 2 pins on one green and hope you know which one to shoot at. Hills, valleys and funny named bunkers are the order of the day.

Before you all crucify me understand I've played that course 100s of times in Links, which had a pretty decent rendition of the course, and it was always the same dull, gray, windy impersonation of a golf course. Compare it to Pinehurst or BPB or any of the CTTH courses and ask yourself which you'd rather enjoy playing and looking at. I, for one, would prefer any of the CTTH courses to this exercise in dreary. JMO.

*My sincerest apologies to the good folks over the big water-I in no way intend to offend you with my opinion.  I realize this is your pride as the root of golf.

• oppy
    286 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 6:24 PM

YankeeJim:

It isn't. St. Ugly has historic ramifications and I believe that's why it's happening. It's an ugly course. Trees weren't invented when this course came to be. God's been trying to blow it off the map since day 1. They put 2 pins on one green and hope you know which one to shoot at. Hills, valleys and funny named bunkers are the order of the day.

Before you all crucify me understand I've played that course 100s of times in Links, which had a pretty decent rendition of the course, and it was always the same dull, gray, windy impersonation of a golf course. Compare it to Pinehurst or BPB or any of the CTTH courses and ask yourself which you'd rather enjoy playing and looking at. I, for one, would prefer any of the CTTH courses to this exercise in dreary. JMO.

*My sincerest apologies to the good folks over the big water-I in no way intend to offend you with my opinion.  I realize this is your pride as the root of golf.

Play the course in real life then try and bash it. It is regarded by so many who have played it as an excellent gof course and is rated in the top 5 in any compliation of top golf courses. So we should take your word, when you haven't even played the course? C'mon now.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 7:51 PM

oppy:
    So we should take your word, when you haven't even played the course? C'mon now

It was stated as strictly my opinion. Why ever would I waste my time and money to play that abysmal place? The TV doesn't lie, the HD graphics don't lie and my eyes don't deceive me. Keep the history, give me the scenic experience. Besides, my mashie and my niblick are gone.

RSS