Help › Forums

Help with new wedge decision.

rated by 0 users
Sun, Dec 27 2009 7:23 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Jesusdyd4u
    6 Posts
    Fri, Dec 25 2009 6:30 PM

I recently made Pro tier, and bit the bullet to buy the Rapture V2 Pro full set of clubs. I also have the Ping Redwood putter.  I really like this game!
    I'd like to buy a new wedge or 2. Which would you recommend?

• badtigger
    163 Posts
    Fri, Dec 25 2009 8:47 PM

I really like my Ping tour W 60 wedge, it gives lots of spin, but that's just my opinion, maybe other people like other 1's

good luck in deciding!!!!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Dec 25 2009 9:57 PM

I go for the Taylor Satins-carry 4 of them. The meter is faster, though, so it might mess you up. The trade off is the accuracy and spin ratings-they're the top there. Coupled with the slower-meter G ball they would be a good move, IMO.

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2009 2:57 AM

satins rock ay jim

imo chip

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2009 3:27 AM
    Definitely satins. Never mind about the meter, ou will eventually get used to it, and their spin is superb.
  • lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2009 7:16 AM

Spin is nice, yes, but also has potential to hurt you if you arent a dart thrower.

With your new iron set using two wedges a 90yd wedge and a 65yd wedge would work nicely. Weges are availbale in these distance with high spin and low spin. choose what goes with your game. :)

Punch would cover your inbetween shots.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2009 10:06 AM

You might want to stick with the Ping equipment(wedges) because to many meter speeds in the same round are hard to get used to.If the meter speed is not a problem I would go with the Satins,super good clubs.In my opinion.I use both Ping and Satins and it does take some getting use to with the different meter speeds for the two.

Larry

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2009 3:29 AM

I am currently also trying to figure out what to do about my wedges - so I am watching this discussion.  

I have the Rapture V2s - but I never upgraded any wedges - so I have a yardage gap as follows:

Rapture V2 PW = 110 Yards

Starter Sand Wedge = 70 Yards

Starter Lob Wedge = 50 Yards

Of particular issue for me is that I do not have a club that "easily" makes sense for an 80-90 yard approach shot and I know this is currently costing me strokes.

I've been keeping my eye on what other players use during my Multi-Player games - and I have my eye on the Ping Tour Ws - but no decision as of yet.  I need to see some more players using the Satan golf clubs to get an idea what those are about.

I'm trying to build up some credits through Ready-Go Tournaments to afford them...so it will be some days.

Regards,  AtlantaCoaster

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2009 12:16 PM

AC-Think about dropping either your HB or your 3W and carrying a 3rd wedge. How often would you really need both if your 3i goes 200 and you have the 3rd spot open for a wedge that will let you cover from 110 in. Your PW goes 110 and with a 54w,60w and 64 wedge you'd be able to cover yourself.

By way of an example, I carry 4 wedges. My iron coverage is 210  197  185  172  160  147  135  122  110pw,  90w, 77w, 50w.   The 110 maps to cover  95-105 easily, the 90w maps just as easily to cover down to the 77w which punches 63. The punch shot takes this club to the 64w, which goes 50. The 64w is sick with accuracy on all shots from 55 in. Highly recommend that one.

If I need to have a long fwy club, like in a high wind setting, I swap the 90w for a 98 and drop the 110 but I've pretty much given up doing that. If you believe your scores will increase by paying attention to your GIR , which they will, equip yourself to handle the situations you see with the most scoring affect-the approach. GL with whatever you decide.

YJ

• Jesusdyd4u
    6 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2009 12:35 PM

AtlantaCoaster:

I need to see some more players using the Satan golf clubs...

I don't know about anyone else, but I find this mis-type really funny. If you look at my game name, you'll see i won't be using these clubs.   8=)

@YJ...which Pro tier make would you suggest for the clubs you mentioned?

• PAGES
RSS