Help › Forums

Searching friends

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 28 2024 3:18 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2024 4:09 AM

Is it just me or is it impossible to search for a friend on the mobile device. Trying to send someone a message and I get type in their name and select country and tier. The tier part don't work.TIA

• mtntop123
    54 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2024 4:56 AM

Great Question.  I am also looking on how to find friends and invite them to play a game..  Also to chat with them once the gave is over.. 

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2024 5:06 AM

Have you tried changing from desktop view ⇄ mobile view in your browser settings Mr B?

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2024 5:35 AM

I'm on a cruise ship and only have my tablet.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2024 5:45 AM

Nice! Where's your next stop?

I don't have a tablet, but on my phone, when viewing WGT.com, I have the option to view either the mobile or the desktop view. These two views should be configured differently because of the different screen sizes between a desktop and a mobile device.

If you can see a settings button, prod that.

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2024 6:44 AM

Thx Mr.Cat.  I will give it a try on my phone. I'm try to send a message to Nico but it's not that important so might as well wait till I get back on land. Left Cozumel Mexico last night on our way to Bimini in the Bahamas then finish first cruise in Fort Lauderdale Florida. We stay on the ship and visit another 5 Carribean islands over the next 8 days. Have to get away from those cold Canadian winters although this winter we have had a good winter. 

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2024 7:11 AM

That all sounds like fun! I like to watch a YouTube channel about an elderly guy building model ships and he's in Winnipeg and he seems to have snow for half the year!

Anyway, if I give you a link to Nico's profile page you can just poke the message button there and contact him.

WGTNico

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2024 7:54 AM

callaghan159:
    Is it just me or is it impossible to search for a friend on the mobile device. Trying to send someone a message

I know this seems too simple, but can't you use a web browser on your phone, like Google Chrome, and sign into your wgt.com account? From there, it is just like a PC and you can send a PM.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2024 1:44 PM

mtntop123:
    Great Question.  I am also looking on how to find friends and invite them to play a game..  Also to chat with them once the gave is over..

You need to create a multiplayer game first, then invite your friends...

You can chat after the game by clicking through the XP Points screens and onto the scorecard, where in the top right corner of the screen you will see the chat balloon that you have during the game. You'll have about 5 minutes before the chat window closes. 

• JaRTennBogey
    73 Posts
    Wed, Mar 27 2024 1:31 PM

Scott forgive me for asking this stupid question but--i don't have a large friends list . And i seldom see many online at the same time. When you create a round--and search for a friend on your list--does the round color dots beside their names correspond to their status. As such was the flash days---the green dots meaning available for a round---the red dots meaning busy?

• PAGES
RSS