Forums

Help › Forums

Do all players have the same pin positions in comps?

Tue, Jul 9 2024 8:41 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Yiannis1970
    3,277 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2024 2:19 AM

Got you Jure, my bad then.

• RyjaTybas
    5,148 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2024 11:27 AM

AnaNikolaj:
    Yes, mate, CC tourney, which should, to my knowledge have the same pins for everyone who plays it. The same as WGT tourneys of any type and origin.

Thanks all for the feedback. It seems encouraging, as different pins in tournaments would be unfair.

A small CC experiment seems to show, at least so far, that we all have the same pins.

• pdiehm
    286 Posts
    Mon, Jul 8 2024 10:44 AM

Pins are the same, but the winds are not.

Player A plays 15/18 with tail/cross winds.  

Player B plays 14/18 into Head/Cross winds.

That's the one thing, i wish WGT could code, that everyone gets +/- 30% the same wind direction from hole to hole.  it's a huge deal hitting a 9i into a hole whereas the next guy is hitting a 5i into the hole.

• BlackBogey
    369 Posts
    Tue, Jul 9 2024 2:45 AM

pdiehm:

Player A plays 15/18 with tail/cross winds.  

Player B plays 14/18 into Head/Cross winds.

That's the one thing, i wish WGT could code, that everyone gets +/- 30% the same wind direction from hole to hole.  it's a huge deal hitting a 9i into a hole whereas the next guy is hitting a 5i into the hole.

Fortunately they now have that capability.

Unfortunately they are not releasing it to the public yet, or even using it in all their own tournaments. 

They have proven in a few select "big boy" tournaments that they can set the winds a certain direction relative to North/South on the first tee, and set a given % variance, and it will hold true throughout the rest of the course and for each player.  My hope is that they are just waiting to get some more testing in to make sure there aren't any glitches that pop up from this, and then they'll eventually release it to CC to use on their own Tourneys.  It really evens the field as you point out in your example above.

So in other words, say Hole 1 runs due North from tee to green, and you have a 15mph direct tail/headwind.  Now let's say hole 2 runs due East from tee to green.  The winds for number 2 "should" be 15mph direct crosswind (+/- whatever variance % they have built in), and it should be the same for each and every player.

• garyk49
    2,327 Posts
    Tue, Jul 9 2024 8:41 AM

pdiehm:

Unless things have changed, no they are not.  Example CC Unlimited play on BP.  On front 9. if restarted mulitple times pin location changes from front to back.

• PAGES
RSS