Forums

Help › Forums

Please, someone explain (CTTH)

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 22 2024 7:20 AM (6 replies)
  • MattyNic0
    28 Posts
    Wed, Feb 21 2024 6:14 AM

As part of my goals I clicked on a CTTH tournament and was directed to Harbour Bay Golf links.  No Problem, nice to play a course I rarely see on WGT. 

My problem lies with the yardage, for example, On the coin games or tournaments and ranked games my club map is basically 4 to 5 yrd over what it says on the flag with no elevation and very little wind, obviously I equate for various conditions.  Imagine my shock then when I found that on every single hole of the CTTH game I was nowhere near the target,  I had to play between 10 and 15 yrd over what I would normally expect on every hole.  What the hell is happening folks?   I'm bemused.  

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Wed, Feb 21 2024 11:26 AM

CTTH shots tend to play like tee shots, even from the fairway. So take a couple of yards off your power...

• MattyNic0
    28 Posts
    Wed, Feb 21 2024 11:30 AM

A couple of yards off?   I was 10 yards short of the green as it was.    

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Wed, Feb 21 2024 4:49 PM

AnaNikolaj:

CTTH shots tend to play like tee shots, even from the fairway. So take a couple of yards off your power...

I think he's saying he was 10-15 yards short and had to add that much more.  Obviously you are a far better player than me, but I have never had to play them as if they were all tee shots; tee shots act like tee shots (i.e. they go a little further than normal), and fairway shots act like fairway shots just like any fairway shot in a strokeplay game.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Thu, Feb 22 2024 12:32 AM

MioKontic:

AnaNikolaj:

I think he's saying he was 10-15 yards short and had to add that much more.  Obviously you are a far better player than me, but I have never had to play them as if they were all tee shots; tee shots act like tee shots (i.e. they go a little further than normal), and fairway shots act like fairway shots just like any fairway shot in a strokeplay game.

Apologies to the OP, I didn't read the whole post, I just saw CTTH and distances and was sure he was going long, lol. As for the fairway shots acting like tee shots, I really feel a lot of them play that way, not all but a lot. Just think of both uphill shots on Valhalla, if you play those as you would normally in game, you'll be really long. Same goes for Merion #14, PB #11 and #15, Oly #4, etc. Plenty more in the same category... 

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Thu, Feb 22 2024 1:38 AM

Could be he has apparel bonuses on his clubs that don't work in CTTH games

Joe

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Feb 22 2024 7:20 AM

I don't intend this to be inconsiderate, so I apologize if it comes across that way. But it could also be a combination of clubs and player. Both the clubs and the player seem a bit below average. 

RSS