Forums

Help › Forums

Scrambling percentage over 100

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 10 2024 9:27 AM (4 replies)
  • cyrusthegreat
    71 Posts
    Tue, Jan 9 2024 4:47 PM

I just encountered a player with a seemingly impossible scrambing percentage in his Stats tab.

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Wed, Jan 10 2024 5:09 AM

Interesting!  However, you don't want WGT looking into it because they will more than likely break 10 other things in trying to fix one simple thing!  It's just a stat, it doesn't mean much anyway.

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Wed, Jan 10 2024 8:43 AM

I'm not sure,and there are alot of wgt players more knowledgeable than i. However,my theory is that if you chip in its possible for your % to be over 100. As an example,lets say you miss the green 11 times. 10 of those times you get up and down in 2. On the 11th time,you chip in. Might this be calculated at over 100%?

• Squatch031
    172 Posts
    Wed, Jan 10 2024 9:16 AM

I was also curious about that.  Mine shows as 109% and I saw an individual the other day that was over 500%. Would love to know how they figure that out and what goes into it.

• Squatch031
    172 Posts
    Wed, Jan 10 2024 9:27 AM

Found this on a website......

Calculating your scrambling percentage is relatively easy. Here’s how to do it:

• Add up the number of holes where you missed the green in regulation.
    • Subtract the number of holes where you chipped or put the ball into the hole in two strokes or fewer.
    • Divide the result by the number of holes where you missed the green in regulation.

For example, if you missed the green in regulation 10 times and managed to save par or better on six of those holes, your scrambling percentage would be 60 percent.

RSS