Forums

Help › Forums

Benefits of being in a Country club?

Thu, Jan 18 2024 11:45 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • f1m4rc
    12 Posts
    Mon, Jan 8 2024 9:43 PM

Hello to all, and hope you've had a great start to the new year.

I was invited to join a club a few years back but due to a death in the family it was a short visit and thus I never got to fully understand the pros and cons.

After a good rest I'm now stating to get back into the swing😝of things and I think I'd like to join a club...

Can someone be kind enough to explain in a nutshell what are the benefits of being in a country club?

What is generally expected of you in a club?

Are expected to spend money?

Is there a certain amount of tournaments/hours you must play weekly?

What do you get in return? i.e free club passes, balls, shotpal...? etc

Sorry if this is a silly question and thanks for reading

• bluey403
    1,526 Posts
    Tue, Jan 9 2024 2:27 PM

Yeah mate, it seems you have a fair idea how to play this game.

Being a member of the right CC will only enhance your game.  From tips and guides through a forum to playing and socializing with other members in organised fun events

Here at Southern England Links, we offer the opportunity for new members to be involved but at no time are you pressured to do this / do that. Many different events each week,you just play what suits you.

We have a number of aussie members who enjoy games amongst each other as well as many others who enjoy getting together for a hit

Check us out

• Geno149
    44 Posts
    Wed, Jan 10 2024 1:12 AM

Hi there,

I've been a member at Texas Lone Stars for just over 3 years. I'm not Texan, I'm actually a Brit living in the south of England. It doesn't matter to TLS. They welcomed me, helped me improve my game, I was aTour Pro when I joined. TLS even paid for a set of irons because of the work I do for the club, such as hosting events.

But to your question. You'll get shot pal free, have a range of tourneys both free and credits to enter with prizes, all of which are your choice to enter. There is a weekly interclub competition. clashes, turf wars and even fun and cash events with prizes hosted in our chat rooms. All that is asked of you is that you keep active and we'd love it if you take part in our chat rooms on messenger so you get to know the members and become part of our great community.

There's a definite good feeling in the club, so if you find any of that interesting, check out this post.

https://www.wgt.com/forums/t/737337.aspx

Whichever club you join, I wish you good golfing.

Eugene (Geno149)

• WillieSinkit
    1,738 Posts
    Wed, Jan 10 2024 3:59 AM

This is what Insidious can offer you:-

Home (my-free.website)

Good luck,

Willie

• Slimjim001
    1,025 Posts
    Wed, Jan 10 2024 5:15 AM

If there is anything about WGT that I would consider myself to be knowledgeable about, its country clubs. I'm not proud that I've been in and out of more clubs than I would care to admit over my seven plus years playing this game. I've owned a few too. Thats because I didn't really know what I wanted in a club. I was test-driving everything hoping to find the perfect match for myself, which I never did. Unfortunately, in many cases, there is very little information available about what a particular club is or what it expects until you join it other than what you might see in their recruitment post which is usually a lot of fluff. My advice is this: most importantly, know yourself first. If you are new to the game, you likely have not discovered your likes, dislikes and expectations. Secondly, get info about the club you are considering, which is easier said than done. It's not a sin to join a club and leave if you find you are not a good match, but it is frustrating for club owners so try not to make a practice of that. The most valuable thing you can get in a country club is experienced and knowledgeable people who are willing to help you grow and succeed. One of the best clubs in all of WGT is Southern England Links. It's got something for everyone. You won't go wrong by starting there. Good luck in your search.

• mrm6400
    1,790 Posts
    Wed, Jan 10 2024 5:23 AM

Jim,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on being a member of a country club.

Everyone has to determine for themselves what they want out of a club and find joy in their decision and ongoing involvement in that club.

At Southern England Links we offer a wide variety of club events and provide a website on proboards to allow all members to track their progress with spreadsheets and also use the forum for all our communications to help new members improve their game and enjoy the journey.

Sharing the game with others and building friendships along the way is a great deal more fun for me so Southern England Links provides that and so much more.

Only 2 things we ask a member of the club is to sign up and use our communications forum on proboards and participate in some club events. 

And we thank Jim for his honest opinions on country clubs & Southern England Links.

God Bless,

Michael

• f1m4rc
    12 Posts
    Thu, Jan 11 2024 12:22 AM

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

Cheers

• mrm6400
    1,790 Posts
    Fri, Jan 12 2024 3:00 AM

You are welcome. If we can help or answer any questions, please let us know.

Michael

• Ladychipper
    22,692 Posts
    Fri, Jan 12 2024 8:08 AM

I would say that the friendships you make and the help you get from other members when you need it. is most important.  An easy going club is what I love. 

• f1m4rc
    12 Posts
    Wed, Jan 17 2024 2:12 PM

Does every post take a minimum of 48 hours before it's posted? I thought it was just the first post, thereafter it's instantly posted. Another thread of mine and comments are yet to be posted. What happened to freedom of speech. Like do wgt live in fairyland?

• PAGES
RSS