rated by 0 users
Tue, Dec 12 2023 1:15 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Wed, Dec 6 2023 3:57 PM

ScottHope:

MioKontic:
    With the above in mind, another interesting thought just occured to me - if I pressed WIN+ALT+G when the non-WGT window was active, realised my mistake, then made the WGT window active and pressed WIN+ALT+G again, would it then capture what I had done on WGT?

I don't think it would. If you change the active window, the recording starts from when the window becomes active, or the preset recording time if the window has been active longer than that.

Scott - I just tested this and it does indeed work.  I played one hole, minimised the game window, made the forum window active, scrolled a little so that I had done something, then pressed WIN+ALT+G and it captured the last minute of this window.  I then made the game window active again, pressed WIN+ALT+G, and lo and behold it captured the last minute of the WGT game window.

What I didn't check was if it captured the last minute of the game window being active, or just the last minute.  Obviously the latter would be shorter because I played with the forum window for a short while.  Something to check another time.

Another interesting thing is that this time I wasn't prompted to turn on capturing, it just did it this time.  However, before I started the test I went into the Game Bar settings to see if something was turned off, but it wasn't.  I wonder if just going into the settings 'woke it up' withut actually changing anything?  Again, something to test another time.

• ScottHope
    10,095 Posts
    Thu, Dec 7 2023 5:36 AM

It's quite possible that Microsoft have done some work on it since I had it working, or I was using it incorrectly, but if it's doing what you want it to Mio, that's great.

It does seem to turn itself on for me too, but it might do that when I press certain key combinations, not sure. I don't like it to be on permanently, not only because it doesn't work but because it uses up resources, not much, but I'd rather those were used for something that did work, lol. 

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Thu, Dec 7 2023 2:50 PM

gonfission:

Thanks, Joe.  But Movavi Video Editor is not free.  It's $79.95 for a lifetime subscription.

HamdenPro:

Try this:

1. Go to the video you wish to trim, right mouse click and select "Open With", and then select "Movies & TV":

#2 Select Edit at bottom right

#3 Select "TRIM"

Thanks, Steff.  That's exactly the way I used to edit my WGT clips.  But the Photos app won't let me save my trimmed clips, even after deleting the app, cleaning my system, and reinstalling 🙁

I did download Photos Legacy (the predecessor to Photos) from the Microsoft Store.  It requires a few extra steps to trim and save WGT clips, but it works.  The file sizes aren't too bad, it doesn't require signing in to Google/YouTube, and it's free.  So it suits my needs.

• gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Thu, Dec 7 2023 3:18 PM

Sorry, didn't realize it was, said it was free.

• HamdenPro
    2,415 Posts
    Thu, Dec 7 2023 3:45 PM

JeanieLemke:
    Thanks for sharing, I didn't know it before. Also thanks for the video.

No worries, if you can't help out an appreciative BOT, who can you help?

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Thu, Dec 7 2023 5:18 PM

BOT < who can help > ? you ask ,,^

This sounds like a job for ( Ta Ta da  )  are the " one and only "  supper hero that we all know and what ever .  with his side kick word last .  toghthear the dimeattic doho travirce the WGT threads looking to do right or lefts Fouling the trolls that tramp on the greens with other than the propper shoes .   

OPY 

EDIT :  Sorry  MY bad 

• ScottHope
    10,095 Posts
    Tue, Dec 12 2023 1:15 AM

DaVinci Resolve video editing has a free version. I've never used it but it looks very comprehensive.

• PAGES
RSS