Game freezing on head to head 9 hole stroke play

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 12 2024 6:45 PM (58 replies)
  • DLimbaugh
    6 Posts
    Wed, Nov 22 2023 4:35 PM

"players who don't forfeit in a proper fashion?"

Huh? What 'proper fashion'?  :-) 

I never forfeit. I think it is rude. Someone may be trying to achieve a goal. An eagle or a ding or ???

Workaround for gimmes lockup bug

First player with a gimme has to putt it out - that seems to work,

• HB1717
    303 Posts
    Wed, Nov 22 2023 5:13 PM

Same here,game freezes up and i have to forfeit losing all my coins so that i can continue to play, very frustrateing.

• sirjay92
    1 Posts
    Wed, Nov 22 2023 6:27 PM

Loading issues are ridiculous!!! Can't get through one hole in Multiplayer stroke play games without the game freezing up.

• Buzzyrd52
    1 Posts
    Wed, Nov 22 2023 9:38 PM

Same thing happened to me in the Showdown, got three bogeys. Very disappointing and impossible to recover from, even if playing well the other six holes.

• DLimbaugh
    6 Posts
    Wed, Nov 22 2023 10:10 PM

The game is unplayable with this bug.  I quit after forfeiting 10 times in 2 days.

Forget playing in any showcase.  This is a bug that has to be fixed ASAP!

• FatFace68
    80 Posts
    Thu, Nov 23 2023 3:01 AM

It's been happening every day since the update. Yesterday it froze 3 times in a 9 hole coin game. My opponent forfeited at the 3rd time. It's ridiculous.

• Gibbit1
    4 Posts
    Thu, Nov 23 2023 4:58 AM

acupofT:

I found that it freezes when both players have a gimme - after the first player takes the gimme it freezes.  If one of the players restarts the game it lets you continue.  I reported this to them already and haven't received a reply yet.

I've found a work around on this.  If the first player doesn't take the gimme, but putts it out, the game won't freeze.  It's worked on my last 3 rounds.  You just have to get your opponent to agree to playing with no gimmes.  Not ideal, but it works.

• Gibbit1
    4 Posts
    Thu, Nov 23 2023 5:01 AM

DLimbaugh:

"players who don't forfeit in a proper fashion?"

Huh? What 'proper fashion'?  :-) 

I never forfeit. I think it is rude. Someone may be trying to achieve a goal. An eagle or a ding or ???

What he was referring to was people closing the app instead of using the menu and withdrawing from the round that way.  Closing the app leaves your opponent sitting there while the game spins, until it finally decides to go into the countdown.  I agree with you, though.  You should never forfeit at all unless an emergency comes up.  Just because you're losing is no reason to be rude to your opponent.

• DLimbaugh
    6 Posts
    Thu, Nov 23 2023 8:22 AM

Found a work-around!

If both have gimmes, first one to putt - putts - seems to fix the problem

• vinnyuk
    455 Posts
    Fri, Nov 24 2023 5:41 AM

Had this for days now. Reported to WGT nothing so far. Many players getting the same thing. Seems to happen on immies on greens .

RSS