Help › Forums

Legend looney

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 10 2023 10:22 AM (3 replies)
  • willy53
    42 Posts
    Fri, Nov 10 2023 7:50 AM

Hi all,

Have been moved up to legend and can't seem to play the game anymore?, the gameplay is so bad for me now I can't see the point in playing. I don't like to say this but It seems to be quite rigged!, shock, horror, yes you've heard this before, but its just so awful in how the game responds to you're input, everything's should be the same as being a tour pro shouldn't it?, except further tee and different green speed, but is there anything else that I don't know about that would make the game seem so unrealistic to play, it's the same courses etc. so should react the same as before shouldn't it. Please be gentle with me if you reply because I'm old and frail.   

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Nov 10 2023 10:17 AM

Personally I found putting became much more difficult , you have to be a lot more precise with the ding . It’s almost as if the hole got smaller. No evidence just my feelings on the issue.

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Fri, Nov 10 2023 10:18 AM

willy53:

everything's should be the same as being a tour pro shouldn't it?, except further tee and different green speed, but is there anything else that I don't know about that would make the game seem so unrealistic to play, it's the same courses etc. so should react the same as before shouldn't it.

With the equipment you use, the extra length of Legend tees and the speed of legend greens will change everything. With your equipment, you have had to learn how far the ball will roll out and how far it will carry to play decent. Now you are playing your approach with longer irons. These new angles change where the ball lands and how far it rolls. The faster greens also exasperate this issue. The longer your approach, the more difficult it is to judge how to play the shot. You basically need to relearn everything you thought you knew.

You can still become decent with your equipment, but it will take time. New equipment will also present a learning curve, but one that is much easier to overcome. High loft irons would really help you, as would a different ball, even a very cheap one.

With or without new equipment, it is just going to take some time to adjust. 

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Fri, Nov 10 2023 10:22 AM

bossbird:

It’s almost as if the hole got smaller. No evidence just my feelings on the issue.

I have a similar "feeling". It has always seemed to me that how "easy or difficult" a course plays is tied to the green speed (not the tees or your tier). I "feel" that the slower the greens, the more sloppy you can play and still hit it close. As usual, I am probably wrong about that though. 😂🤣

RSS