Forums

Help › Forums

Please get rid of the fat white line

Mon, Nov 6 2023 5:01 PM (64 replies)
  • SoCalJim23
    429 Posts
    Sun, Oct 15 2023 2:39 PM

Hey......I have a GREAT solution to the "White Line".  Why doesn't WGT create the "white line" for every single putt.....so that the "white line" perfectly reads the greens....so if you hit the "ding", the ball will go into the hole every single time........that would allow ALL of us to have a 100% (1 putt) average.  Then, nobody would be complaining about that "White Line"....LOL.

Jim

• shane8612
    41 Posts
    Sun, Oct 15 2023 2:40 PM

Yes, idk not like the white line when putting. I have tried to get rid of it in settings with no luck. Please get rid of it.

• wolpol
    5 Posts
    Mon, Oct 16 2023 8:17 AM

Hard Day

1 day not Play.Daycounter

From 655 back to 1 day

From this i make a foto

This Foto i send to the wgt

as Protest.

Now i Play my Credits away and sen i see what i make sen.

• Shippy3
    696 Posts
    Wed, Oct 18 2023 6:53 AM

If you missed a day playing shouldn't the day counter start over at 1?

• wolpol
    5 Posts
    Wed, Oct 18 2023 10:19 AM

yes back to 1

today now on day 3     63xp points

655 day was short 3000xp points

all away

• ajbd12
    5 Posts
    Wed, Oct 18 2023 8:29 PM

I cannot stand it either  its ridiculous

• BlackBogey
    292 Posts
    Wed, Oct 18 2023 9:15 PM

wolpol:

yes back to 1

today now on day 3     63xp points

655 day was short 3000xp points

all away

Hopefully WGT responds to your email.  If not, @wgtnico on WGT's Discord server usually responds to this issue pretty quickly if you send him a message and explain what happened and what your streak was at when it happened.  He helped me out one time when I had to travel unexpectedly for business and missed a day, and I've seen posts where he's helped others with the same problem. 

**sorry for the off topic posts everyone, feel free to go back discussing this silly white line that can't be turned off

• SoCalJim23
    429 Posts
    Sat, Oct 21 2023 2:32 PM

I've changed my mind about the "White Line". One WGT player says that about 95% of tihe time he putts from the "reverse" side.....not from the view the Avatar has of the hole. When you putt from the "reverse" side......there is no "white line".

This morning I tried playing/putting......using his "reverse" putting technique. The putting actually worked better for me by putting using the "reverse" technique.

This morning I hit a "71" using "Starter Balls" on "The First Book Open" Tournament. Not really a great score...but I have never used "putter pal", my putter is Level 19 and my clubs are far from being the best I "could" afford to purchase in the WGT Pro Shop. I just don't feel like spending all of my "lunch money" on premium balls and Level 100 plus clubs. And everyone knows...hitting the "ding" when you're playing with "Starter Balls" is a challenge.

Maybe...if I had premium balls, Level 100 clubs, putter pal...and spent more time practicing my putting...I could cut about 10 to 15 strokes off of that "71" score I just put up...and then, maybe not....Ha!

Every WGT member who is upset with the "White Line" should at least "try" using the "reverse" putting technique. 

Jim

• RyjaTybas
    5,145 Posts
    Sun, Oct 22 2023 12:34 PM

SoCalJim23:

Every WGT member who is upset with the "White Line" should at least "try" using the "reverse" putting technique. 

Jim

You're right Jim. Reverse view putting reduces the impact of the fat white line, but doesn't eliminate it entirely - especially when switching between forward/reverse views.

The fatter line is not necessary, not nice and not wanted. IMO

• GreenLaser
    181 Posts
    Sun, Oct 22 2023 3:03 PM

I always used the reverse view when I was moving the aim marker and trying to hit the ding when putting. I never use it since I switched to putting off ding.  I'll see if I can get used to the reverse view while putting off ding. I have a feeling it may take a while.

RSS