• rafy54
    1,242 Posts
    Wed, Aug 16 2023 1:07 AM

Hi,

Rafy54 for the stroke play competition please 

• lonniescott711
    4,184 Posts
    Wed, Aug 16 2023 5:34 AM

I'm in for stroke play only .  Looking forward to it as always.

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Fri, Aug 18 2023 9:42 AM

Just over one day remaining to enter this prestigious tournament.  Entry end date is midnight UK time on Saturday 19th August.

Some details have been posted in posts 2 and 3 on page 1 of this thread for the matchplay and strokeplay events.

• AnaNikolaj
    635 Posts
    Sat, Aug 19 2023 2:14 AM

MioKontic:
    Since playing as a single doesn't allow apparel, could I please ask players who play as a multiplayer group to make sure apparel is turned OFF to make it fair for everyone.

I don't think this is true (anymore?). I only play tourneys, but remember the few clash rounds I played in my day and the apparel was on by default. So I tested it just now, loaded up a single strokeplay round in ranked mode and my driver's stated distance was 307y. Hit the ball to make sure and it went 337y in slight headwind... 

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Sat, Aug 19 2023 4:54 AM

AnaNikolaj:

MioKontic:
    Since playing as a single doesn't allow apparel, could I please ask players who play as a multiplayer group to make sure apparel is turned OFF to make it fair for everyone.

I don't think this is true (anymore?). I only play tourneys, but remember the few clash rounds I played in my day and the apparel was on by default. So I tested it just now, loaded up a single strokeplay round in ranked mode and my driver's stated distance was 307y. Hit the ball to make sure and it went 337y in slight headwind... 

Ok, thanks, I hadn't realised it was on as default and you can't turn it off.  I only play tournaments also, so had never checked the setting before yesterday, but I also don't wear game-enhancing apparel, so my driver was only showing as 291yds, and it had slipped my mind that I wasn't wearing game-enhancing apparel.

It would be nice if everyone didn't wear game-enhancing apparel for this tournament, but since that can't be policed I have no other choice than to allow it for strokeplay games if players wish to wear it.

I shall change the instructions on page 1, thanks for letting me know.

• DaleMatherly
    31 Posts
    Sat, Aug 19 2023 8:48 AM

Sign me up, Both

• TdotDoba
    2,160 Posts
    Sat, Aug 19 2023 10:27 AM

It's good to see the old gang pulling together to honour a really fine human.

Thanks for all the work Mio and gang.

Paul

• RoggRR
    589 Posts
    Sat, Aug 19 2023 2:35 PM

Ana was right.

The 1st Memorial tournament started in October 2016. PaulTon was doing the tournament moderation.He did it next year tho. Bill (Shedlite) did it over the next 5 years.

P. S. Thank you for the tourney virtual badge, Mio & HP..... great work. :-)
    ... edited

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Sat, Aug 19 2023 3:23 PM

RoggRR:
    Thanks for the tourney virtual badge, Mio..... great work. :-)

Credit for the badge goes to HamdenPro - my level of artwork is what you see in posts 2 and 3 on page 1.  Thanks HP, your help has been much appreciated.

• lousoly
    65 Posts
    Sat, Aug 19 2023 3:28 PM

hi ty for organize . both off tihs two way to learn and teach..    

Définittly NO APPAREL..

RSS