Help › Forums

missing eagles

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 2 2023 3:11 PM (49 replies)
  • SamSpayed
    4,903 Posts
    Tue, Aug 29 2023 6:46 PM

SoCalJim23:
    On August 1st, I decided to see just how many "Eagles" I could make in (1) month. Today, August 29th, I hit my 100th "Eagle" for the month of August.  Various courses and it definitely wasn't easy. I hit ALL of these 100 "Eagles" using a .41 cent WGT ball.

Wow!  100 Eagles in one month with a 41 credit ball is an amazing achievement.  Congratulations!

I noticed that almost all of your eagles this month were on holes #1 and #10 (with the exception of Kiawah #11, which is a short par 5).  Those must be your lucky numbers ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ™‚

• gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Tue, Aug 29 2023 7:28 PM

Sam should teach a class on "Malicious compliance."

What?                Some people just will never "get it"...

Subtlety is almost a lost art now. everything is "In your face."

On another note, Went food shopping today. Wanted a small pack of raspberries. Package said $2.99.

Small print said "You must buy 3 to get the lower price. If you buy 1, it cost 7.49.

That's double & a half increase from last week. Packages of regular stuff I buy are now almost 1/2 full in smaller packages.

I have a problem with "YOU MUST" on anything... 

Welcome to the show. I bet P.T. Barnum is laughing his balls off about the "sucker" population he could have fleeced.

"There is a sucker born every minute". It was never proved that he said it. It has been attributed to him over the years.

Also, went to another local course (Sandwich Hollows) haven't been in years. $50.00 including the cart. Really reasonable here on Cape Cod.

9th tee, I ordered two cheeseburgers. At the turn, I go pay for them. I asked how much? She responded with something I could not comprehend. $37.00 for two burgers.

I had her repeat the amount three times as I am deaf & that price was NOT computing.

Now I tip everywhere I go. Ruined China 15 years ago by tipping everywhere I went. Got in a good amount of trouble for that. I digress.

I told her I was NOT tipping as she had every opportunity to tell me the price when ordered. She chose NOT to. So, I explained that "your tip is already in the price" as far as I was concerned.

$37.00 Simoleans for a piece of bread, beef, tomato, onion, lettuce...

Lettuce pray that I never fall for that again, anywhere.

The course is a dump as well. Mountain goat undulations on nasty grass.

If you ask me, they're putting money into hamburgers instead of the course.

Cest' la vie

• SoCalJim23
    420 Posts
    Tue, Aug 29 2023 8:32 PM

Hi Sam..........First, I think we ALL agree that "an EAGLE is an EAGLE".  No Eagle is an easy shot.  Second....all of the now 103 "Eagles" I have hit in the month of August were hit using .41 cent WGT Balls (barely better than a WGT Starter Ball).  Third. in order to be able to hit very many "Eagles" with a .41 cent ball...you pretty much need the wind at your back...very difficult otherwise.

A breakdown of the various Holes I hit "Eagles" on during the month of August are as follows:

*Kiawah - Hole #11 (Par 5)                                                                                               *Merion - Hole #10 (Par 4)                                                                                                 *Best of Par 5 - Holes #1 & #10 - (Par 5)                                                                           *Wolf Creek - Holes #1, #9 & #12.                                                                                   *WGT Famous Holes - Hole #10         

Sam....you're welcome to "try" to hit "Eagles" on some of these holes using a .41 cent WGT ball.....trust me, it's not easy. At least 85% of these (103) "Eagles" were "Holed shots"...not putts. Those (8) different Holes I mentioned above are all challenging when trying to make "Eagles".

I reached the "Tour Champion" Tier approx. 3-1/2 years ago. I'm not concerned about my average. My goal was to reach the "Tour Champion" Tier. Don't really see anything else to gain here, so just decided to try hitting those (100) "Eagles" this month. I've already spent a ton of $$ here on WGT, so now, only playing with .41 cent balls....and it's difficult to even hit PAR on any WGT course using the balls I play with. And take a look at the Clubs in my bag...they're rated way below what I'm eligible to purchase in the PRO shop...same Clubs I've been playing with since I made "Tour Master".

Just an FYI....I've seen some top tier WGT players who have hit a total of approx. 500 total "Eagles" in 10 to 13 years here on WGT & some have never hit a "Double-Eagle" or maybe 10-15......so I wanted to just challenge myself to see if it was even possible to hit (100) in a single month. I'll be the first to admit that my putting needs much improvement, but my "short game" isn't too bad. 

And as I mentioned earlier...in July, I hit (2) of my (26) "Double-Eagles"...(1) was my longest...282.29 Yards using a WGT Starter Ball this past July...I have not been able to find another WGT member hit a longer "holed shot".

I see other "Tour Champions" who have hit more "Eagles" than I have hit...however, they have much better clubs & very expensive balls than I play with...and the WGT golf equipment does make a difference in your play (scores, etc.)...plus, many of those other "Tour Champions" have hit 9,000 to 15,000 Ranked Rounds or more...I have hit less than 6,000 Ranked Rounds as of today. And I totally realize that I'm NOT one of the best WGT "Tour Champions" & my Average should be much lower...but that's just not a concern.

So, I'm now just finding various ways to entertain myself here on WGT.,,and doing so without spending a lot of $$.

Best Regards,

Jim

• SoCalJim23
    420 Posts
    Tue, Aug 29 2023 9:23 PM

Sam........just a P.S.

I haven't really looked at a LOT of other WGT Member's Profiles...but I have noticed a trend.  It seems that a majority of WGT members play a lot more 9 Hole Ranked Rounds than 18 Hole Rounds - and I'm wondering why this is? Even some of the very BEST "Tour Champions" fall into this "trend".

I have hit:  3,087 - 9 Hole Ranked Rounds & 2,815 - 18 Hole Ranked Rounds since joining WGT.  That's about a 50/50 balance. When I play real Golf @ Golf Courses here in my city...I don't just play the Back 9 or the Front 9...I play all 18 Holes.                                                                                                                                                                                   In your case, I noticed that you have played 5,253 - 9 Hole Ranked Rounds and          673 - 18 Hole Ranked Rounds. 

I guess I just don't understand why more WGT members don't play more 18 Hole Ranked Rounds than they play vs. 9 Hole Ranked Rounds.

Sam...I'm sincerely not trying to give you a hard time here. I think every WGT Member has the right to play the WGT Courses they wish to play.....whether Back 9's, Front 9's or all 18 Holes.....just wondering about this "trend" I noticed where a majority of members play approx. 70% 9 Hole Ranked Rounds.

Oh, and one other "trend" I have noticed here on WGT.  Some members seem to wonder why they don't hit more "Eagles" or "Double-Eagles", etc.....IMO, I think that some of these members spend way too much time posting here in the WGT Forum......instead of playing WGT golf.  If you don't play....you don't do much for your WGT Golf Game.

Best Regards,

Jim

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Wed, Aug 30 2023 7:26 AM

SamSpayed:

SoCalJim23:
    On August 1st, I decided to see just how many "Eagles" I could make in (1) month. Today, August 29th, I hit my 100th "Eagle" for the month of August.  Various courses and it definitely wasn't easy. I hit ALL of these 100 "Eagles" using a .41 cent WGT ball.

Wow!  100 Eagles in one month with a 41 credit ball is an amazing achievement.  Congratulations!

I noticed that almost all of your eagles this month were on holes #1 and #10 (with the exception of Kiawah #11, which is a short par 5).  Those must be your lucky numbers ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ™‚

Sam, you're killing me...lmao

ps: is jimbo, the eagle machine, still ducking your  invite to a match?

• SoCalJim23
    420 Posts
    Wed, Aug 30 2023 8:11 AM

To "CT".........With your WGT history of hitting only (19) "Eagles over the past (12) Years....I'm not really sure how your comment is relevant here. 

Now I'm....................LMAO.  I have hit over 4,500 "Eagles in the past (12) Years here on WGT.....and just under 6,000 total Ranked Rounds.

And actually, with regards to Kiawah's Hole #11....it's a Par 5, but I only hit a couple of "Eagles" on the closest hole......a majority of the "Eagles" I hit on that particular hole was to the Hole located in the very back of the Green.......so it's NOT a short Par 5 hole.

Regards,

Jim

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Wed, Aug 30 2023 9:49 AM

Jim;

Like you, I am also a veteran (33 years). I honestly find your posts entertaining and easy to read.

Notwithstanding my joking around, keep posting on here. Most of the other stuff is simple question and answer...boring.

ct 

• SoCalJim23
    420 Posts
    Wed, Aug 30 2023 10:09 AM

WOW.....CT....33 Years in the Military is a LOT of yours!  Thank You for your service!

I was a YN2 Yeoman on a U.S. Aircraft Carrier in the Mediterranean Sea for most of my 4 years. I was the Airwing Commanding Officer's Admin. Assistant.....I ran the office with a staff of about 9 Fighter Pilots & 10 enlisted men. Pretty cushy job for me actually....and I got to have liberty in Spain, France, Monaco, Italy & Greece. 

And actually, I feel like I have a hit enough "Eagles" for this Lifetime...*smile*.

Regards,

Jim

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Wed, Aug 30 2023 11:17 AM

SoCalJim23:

To "CT".........With your WGT history of hitting only (19) "Eagles over the past (12) Years....I'm not really sure how your comment is relevant here. 

Now I'm....................LMAO.  I have hit over 4,500 "Eagles in the past (12) Years here on WGT.....and just under 6,000 total Ranked Rounds.

And actually, with regards to Kiawah's Hole #11....it's a Par 5, but I only hit a couple of "Eagles" on the closest hole......a majority of the "Eagles" I hit on that particular hole was to the Hole located in the very back of the Green.......so it's NOT a short Par 5 hole.

Regards,

Jim

Hi Jim;

If you already checked my stats, you probably noticed the vast majority of games were either Match play or Alt shot.  I don't think stats like birdies, eagles, etc., are kept for those games. I have no idea how many eagles I've hit in 12 years, but the odds are it exceeds the 19 you mentioned.

...that said, I really suck at this game, so maybe 19 is the total...lol

• SamSpayed
    4,903 Posts
    Wed, Aug 30 2023 11:45 AM

SoCalJim23:
    Sam....you're welcome to "try" to hit "Eagles" on some of these holes using a .41 cent WGT ball.....trust me, it's not easy.

Challenge accepted!  I'll buy a sleeve of those 41 credit balls today and try my luck at BOP5 F9 and B9.  I sure hope I can channel some of your luck on your favorite eagle holes there ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ™‚  I'll report back on my progress. 

SoCalJim23:
    And as I mentioned earlier...in July, I hit (2) of my (26) "Double-Eagles"...(1) was my longest...280.00 Yards using a WGT Starter Ball this past July.

I apologize for not mentioning your 280 yd Double Eagle earlier.  That is very impressive as well.  In fact, I am more impressed with that than your 103 (and counting) eagles this month... especially since it was achieved with a starter ball! 

SoCalJim23:

I guess I just don't understand why more WGT members don't play more 18 Hole Ranked Rounds than they play vs. 9 Hole Ranked Rounds.

Sam...I'm sincerely not trying to give you a hard time here.

Understood, and I didn't think you were.  Can't speak for others, but I prefer 9 hole rounds for a few reasons:  (1) 9-hole rounds go quicker, which helps if someone I'm playing with is pressed for time; (2) I like to play a variety of courses, so I can play more different courses during the course of an evening or a day if they are 9-holers; and (3) in order to get to Tour Champion, you need a 55 average.  It's much easier to score 27 on an 9-hole round than it is to score 54 on an 18-hole round.

ct690911:
    is jimbo, the eagle machine, still ducking your invite to a match?

He's not ducking at all.  He stated earlier that he does not play match play.  I respect his decision.  Even so, I would love the opportunity to play Jim sometime with the 41 credit balls.  Maybe just a friendly stroke-play game, and heck, it could even be an 18-holer!  I would love the opportunity to learn how to hole more approach shots for eagles... and, remember, this thread is all about missing eagles ๐Ÿ˜

RSS