Forums

Help › Forums

*** Downtime Tonight 6/27 ***

Thu, Jul 13 2023 3:27 PM (26 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Jun 29 2023 1:27 AM

So some stuff looks different but is really much the same, no doubt including the "new" cobra clubs. New name, and price, for something that's gone no doubt.  I also have no doubt that wgt got feedback that someone would like a back to front hat.  The point is they also got, a lot more, feedback on gameplay issues. 

The new Showdown is (possibly, I'll check more later) better for the ones at the top of the leader-board but much worse for a lot of people.  Looking at Rookie, previously you just had to make the final to get at least a ball so 50% of finalists are worse off and for five times the price. That's just the most glaring difference.   

• beerstine
    668 Posts
    Thu, Jun 29 2023 1:51 AM

Don't mind the format which puts a little extra pressure on to advance, but everyone should be playing from tier default tees if all the players are lumped together in one division.  Lots of Masters and below with inferior clubs and no chance in my group.  

Actually, all players in showdowns should be playing from tier default tees anyway regardless of division.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Jun 29 2023 2:19 AM

beerstine:
    Actually, all players in showdowns should be playing from tier default tees anyway regardless of division.

That's a very good point and Rookie was played from default tees.  The lower tees will also be losing coins in numbers that matter to them.

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Thu, Jun 29 2023 4:00 AM

HamdenPro:
    This is one I will skip.

I will be skipping all the showdowns from here on in. Getting tired of the "maxxed"apparel prizes which does nothing to help me reach L10 apparel. Will save my credits for something else. Cheers.

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Jun 29 2023 5:43 AM

I dunno how hard this SD is or is not, I do know my group is led by a -6 and last place to make cut at 10 is a +2. I shot what I felt was a bad round at -4 and expected to miss cut but was surprised to see these scores this morning.

• AlaskanDame
    18,978 Posts
    Thu, Jun 29 2023 9:47 AM

I expected a winnowing of the original 20, but my rd 2 group is entirely different from my rd 1 group.  What’s the metric for that new mix, WGT?  If I make it to rd 3, do I risk winding up with fmags, Yiannis, wags700, etc.?  Or is re-grouping a total randomness?

Not worth 50 cents any more than Veteran used to be not worth 100 cents.

With any luck, the sub-52 avg crowd won’t want the Bridgestones and won’t enter!  :-)

But I doubt there will be the same participation from lower tiers (next time, ii not this time).  Would be interested to know if this made money compared to the old format.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Thu, Jun 29 2023 10:37 AM

AlaskanDame:
    With any luck, the sub-52 avg crowd won’t want the Bridgestones and won’t enter!

Not sub 52 yet, but that's the very reason why I'll never enter.. 

• beerstine
    668 Posts
    Thu, Jun 29 2023 12:02 PM

DodgyPutter:
    That's a very good point and Rookie was played from default tees.  The lower tees will also be losing coins in numbers that matter to them.

One could argue that playing Rookie from the tips is more of a challenge than elite players playing essentially a red tee tourney in the Casablanca room.  

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Thu, Jun 29 2023 2:42 PM

AlaskanDame:
     Would be interested to know if this made money compared to the old format.

I would think  income would be down just in ball hits alone.

• RyjaTybas
    5,141 Posts
    Thu, Jun 29 2023 3:00 PM

callaghan159:

AlaskanDame:
     Would be interested to know if this made money compared to the old format.

I would think  income would be down just in ball hits alone.

That partly depends on how many groups there are. And it's probably best compared to a Showdown Rush - also 3x9 over 3 days.

Having entered out of interest - non-players seem to be an issue. Just 17/20 played the 1st round - which is worse than the usual Showdown %.

2nd round remains to be seen.

RSS