Forums

Help › Forums

NEW MATH?!

Fri, Jun 16 2023 10:02 AM (34 replies)
  • Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Fri, Jun 16 2023 8:03 AM

fmagnets:

Seems like a perfectly normal result to me. You weren't aiming quite far enough for the wind, and you also missed the ding left. Plus it only landed about 7ft left pin high, then bounced on a little to end up 10ft away.

75 yd punch shot with 3-5 wind should not move very much. It doesn't look normal to me for being just a couple pixels from a ding. The ball is already left of the flag before it reaches apex.

It's not a major abnormality, but looks off to my old foggy brain and I was somewhat surprised by the reults.

Thanks for your assessment FM. I see your point too.   

BTW CT, I made the putt.  lol 

• 1001jrjr
    417 Posts
    Fri, Jun 16 2023 8:09 AM

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Fri, Jun 16 2023 8:27 AM

1001jrjr:

Especially, right before or during the clashes... Get ready for some SPECTACULAR shots! ;)

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Fri, Jun 16 2023 9:00 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    Especially, right before or during the clashes... Get ready for some SPECTACULAR shots! ;)

and the showdowns also. Last showdown I was -1 for 18 holes. Had a migrane after the round :)

• BlackBogey
    276 Posts
    Fri, Jun 16 2023 10:02 AM

Thanks for the feedback @PureGro1 (and everyone else).

I know exactly what you are talking about when you mention certain putts getting away if you try to slam them.  In this case it was definitely not a slam attempt, just wanted to lag it up there for a sure birdie and if happened to go in for eagle all the better.  And yes, a misjudgement on the power, or fringe not taking as much effect as expected, could end up 5-10', even 15' away, but I can't come up with how it can go 28' by.  I mean, that's a 32' total distance on a 15' scale @ 20%?

Anyway, thanks to all who tried to give valid explanations.  Now that I know how to record shots I can review any future anomalies for operator error and have concrete video evidence before posting.  Hopefully it was just a bad couple of days and things will get back to normal for a while.

RSS