Forums

Help › Forums

Changing country clubs

Thu, Oct 12 2023 1:15 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • notbain
    12 Posts
    Fri, Apr 21 2023 5:56 PM

Is there a waiting period after leaving a country club? 

I'm in one that is inactive, its just exists for the perks and am ready for more.

I would like to be in a friendly one that is more active but I don't want to pay for a plus or premier membership. So far playing almost every day is not a problem. (I started about a month ago and at level 53so you can tell I have been on a lot..) 

• Imahacker58
    366 Posts
    Tue, Apr 25 2023 3:45 AM

You can leave a club at anytime and join whichever you wish, however some you have to apply to join, others you need to be invited  to, and others will take anyone. If you heve discord join the WGT channel and have a look at the country club page or just browse this section and reply to any that interest you.

• Squatch031
    173 Posts
    Tue, Apr 25 2023 11:05 AM

Good thread and brings up a question.  Do you have to quit a CC before joining another or can you join a new CC and automatically switch?  I ask because I was asked to join another CC and left my current club.  However, it has taken a couple of days for my new club to send invite or approve my request to join.  While waiting, I was without a putter/shot pal.  How are these timelines supposed to work when switching CCs?

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Tue, Apr 25 2023 3:04 PM

Squatch031:

Good thread and brings up a question.  Do you have to quit a CC before joining another or can you join a new CC and automatically switch?  I ask because I was asked to join another CC and left my current club.  However, it has taken a couple of days for my new club to send invite or approve my request to join.  While waiting, I was without a putter/shot pal.  How are these timelines supposed to work when switching CCs?

You need to quit your current CC first. But the new CC is able to send you an invite (which can stay open indefinitely, if you or they don't cancel it) to theirs before you quit, if you want to prevent being "homeless". You just need to communicate that with their owner. 

• jacktrade51
    10,911 Posts
    Sat, May 6 2023 7:13 PM

Squatch031:

I don't think Ana's answer got it quite right.  First, I know you can be sent an invite while in a member of another club.  Second, I believe you can accept it and automatically get kicked out of your current club.  You don't have to quit the club first.

But if someone promises you an invite, I would stay put until you actually get it.  :)

Tom.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, May 7 2023 3:14 AM

jacktrade51:
    I don't think Ana's answer got it quite right.  First, I know you can be sent an invite while in a member of another club.  Second, I believe you can accept it and automatically get kicked out of your current club.  You don't have to quit the club first.

The first agrees with Ana and is right.

• saqlain05
    1 Posts
    Sat, Jul 22 2023 1:58 PM

The question 'is there a waiting period after leaving a club' is still unanswered. I have left a club and now since last two days I am unable to join any other.  

• StevieJT996
    4 Posts
    Mon, Oct 9 2023 2:29 AM

I'm in the same boat here, i've left a country club (3 days ago) and it wont allow me to start a new cc of my own. It says i'm still a member of the old club. Anybody have any ideas why?

• Ladychipper
    22,697 Posts
    Tue, Oct 10 2023 8:21 AM

notbain:
    Is there a waiting period after leaving a country club? 

The answer is "No".  You can join another club right after you quit the one you are in.

I have sent you a friend request so we can communicate through personal messaging. 

The Peoples Club does not require you to get a plus or premier membership. 

Anyway, accept my friend request if you are serious about joining an active friendly group.

• SamSpayed
    4,905 Posts
    Tue, Oct 10 2023 1:07 PM

StevieJT996:

I'm in the same boat here, i've left a country club (3 days ago) and it wont allow me to start a new cc of my own. It says i'm still a member of the old club. Anybody have any ideas why?

It's a glitch.  You'll need to contact WGT either on their Discord server or at members@worldgolftour.com to get them to fix your account so that you can start your own CC or join one.

• PAGES
RSS