Forums

Help › Forums

My nickname

Tue, Apr 18 2023 5:25 PM (28 replies)
  • 1Universurfr
    46 Posts
    Thu, Apr 13 2023 1:42 PM

HI, When I first joined WGT ( June 2011 ), I applied for the name Universurfr.

I was "told" that Universurfr was NOT available, so I chose 1Universurfr.

I just checked, and there still is no Universurfr in the players list.

Is there any way the 1 can be removed from my nickname?

I understand it may not be possible, but if it can be "fixed" ...that would be great !

Hopefully,

The real Universurfr

• HamdenPro
    2,423 Posts
    Thu, Apr 13 2023 5:41 PM

1Universurfr:
    Is there any way the 1 can be removed from my nickname?

Unfortunately, you cannot change your profile name.

Recently, WGT did incorporate changes which allow one to delete their account and start fresh. This is now available for Apple users and will eventually be allowed for android platforms. However, even then, it would be a new account and you would not keep your Legend status or equipment, you would be starting all over again.

As for the member who was using Universurfr, if the name is no longer searchable, this would mean the account has been suspended.

• 1Universurfr
    46 Posts
    Sat, Apr 15 2023 8:01 AM

HamdenPro wrote the following post at 04-13-2023 5:41 PM:

"As for the member who was using Universurfr, if the name is no longer searchable, this would mean the account has been suspended."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To my understanding / recollection, there NEVER WAS a universurfr nickname.

When I joined in June 2011, I chose 1universurfr because the sign up / register "told" me that "universurfr" was taken.

I was not happy that I couldn't use the name I wanted, so I checked the players list, and found NO "universurfr"... and this was in 2011.

Thinking it may be a "glitch" or that I may have entered erroneous information, I tried to register "universurfr" again, and got the same message...that "universurfr" was taken already, so I registered the 1universurfr name.

Will someone PLEASE check the "records" and verify if a person other than me, has ever registered the name "universurfr".

You can verify my position in this matter by contacting "redshifty" , my friend who registered a few days a few days after me.

He tried to register "redshift", but he had to make it "redshifty", as redshift ( without the y was taken).

He also verified ( by checking the player list). That the universurfr nickname did NOT exist at that time in June 2011.

Thank you,

the one & only universurfr who is stuck with a "1" in his name ! 

• HamdenPro
    2,423 Posts
    Sun, Apr 16 2023 12:50 PM

1Universurfr:
    To my understanding / recollection, there NEVER WAS a universurfr nickname

Your understanding is based upon what? That it is impossible that the name was taken because you joined in 2011 and you could not search the name?

You seem to say your friend "redshifty" had the same problem. However, there is a "redshift" who joined in March, 2011. You and your friend joined in June, 2011.

Once again, the simplest explanation, which is often the correct explanation, is that the name you wanted had been used by another member who, prior to June, 2011 had the account suspended.

• 1Universurfr
    46 Posts
    Sun, Apr 16 2023 7:01 PM
    Are you a wgt employee / official? If so, are you telling me there is no possible way to check to see if what I say is true?
    ***You seem to say your friend "redshifty" had the same problem. However, there is a "redshift" who joined in March, 2011. You and your friend joined in June, 2011.***

Yes, someone beat my friend redshift  to that name, so he used redshifty ...However when I checked the players list, there was no UNIVERSURFR REGISTERED. if another universurfr did exist & was removed or banned for whatever reason, shouldn't there still be a record of it having been existent at one time ? How hard could it be to look at the electronically stored data information 
    If there never was another universurfr by either a glitch or bug in the software,  they why am I unable to have the name I originally wanted, not the name I was forced to accept .
    What is so hard or time consumiing about looking for a "universurfr" nickname that joined before June 2011?
    As my medical marijuana brain wanders through memories, A few days or weeks before I actually joined WGT, I recall that this was the 1st time I played WGT , I hit the PLAY NOW button.
    It wasn't until sometime after that,  when redshifty and I registered /  joined.
    Further returning recollections... redshifty was "present" ( we chat live on Paltalk ) to see my request for "universurfr " be rejected, and I saw him have to choose redshifty.
    redshifty also searched for the universurfr nic & was informed that the nic was NOT available !
    This is why I am 1universurfr and not universurfr.
    I am simply asking that someoone check to see if there was ever a universurfr in your data base before I joined.
    Thank you 

• 1Universurfr
    46 Posts
    Sun, Apr 16 2023 7:10 PM

***Once again, the simplest explanation, which is often the correct explanation, is that the name you wanted had been used by another member who, prior to June, 2011 had the account suspended.***

I  agree that your explanation may be the simplest, but hardly a definitive demonstrable verification of anything.

I suggest looking for "universurfr" before june 2011. If there is no universurfr there, then we "need" to find out why I was denied that nickname.

• ct690911
    7,201 Posts
    Mon, Apr 17 2023 11:01 AM

@ the OP

I wanted to be Hamden Pro, then I wanted to be Sam Spayed, then I wanted to be Yiannis, then I wanted to be Alosso, then I wanted to be Dodgy putter....etc

Point is I picked a different name and got over it. Small potatoes in anybody's world, even yours (hopefully).

ct

ps: your country just had another mass shooting and a teenager shot for ringing the wrong doorbell...ya know?

• HamdenPro
    2,423 Posts
    Mon, Apr 17 2023 11:40 AM

ct690911:
    then I wanted to be Sam Spayed

• IamNicklaus
    494 Posts
    Mon, Apr 17 2023 12:10 PM

I wanted to be  1Universurfr  but it was already taken .  :)

• ct690911
    7,201 Posts
    Mon, Apr 17 2023 12:19 PM

HamdenPro:

ct690911:
    then I wanted to be Sam Spayed

OK...this ^^^ is damn funny..:)

RSS