Forums

Help › Forums

Henry Kawa's Life Happens

Mon, May 8 2023 10:29 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Mon, Apr 3 2023 9:19 AM

Hello Friends and everyone else.  My name is Henry Kawa for those who don't know me.  I've been around WGT for 10 years.   I believe WGT started in 2007, so 16 years ago.   I don't know of anyone who still comes to WGT who started in the early days of 2007 or 2008.   Over the years I've made some friends and I would like to thank WGT for providing this platform for playing golf and for meeting people.   

There is no topic dedicated to this thread.  Its an open forum for friendly banter.  Anything goes, as long as it follows WGT rules.  I will make this first post short to get going.  In follow-up posts I will reveal some shocking news about myself, who I am and why I've done the things I've done.    Waiting to hear from you first.   

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Mon, Apr 3 2023 12:22 PM

HenryKawa:
    Waiting to hear from you first

Is it true you are a retired Firefighter? Being a retired Firefighter myself I am just curious. Cheers

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Mon, Apr 3 2023 2:27 PM

callaghan159:

HenryKawa:
    Waiting to hear from you first

Is it true you are a retired Firefighter? Being a retired Firefighter myself I am just curious. Cheers

No.  Not a firefighter, but I worked closely with the fire department all my career.  I was a police officer for 37 years.  I was promoted to Watch Commander and the year before I retired I was i/c of two areas:  Frauds/Scams and Forensic Identification.    Thank you for the work you did with the Fire Department.  People don't realize everything fire fighters do.  Way more than putting out fires.   Saving lives is a big one!  Attending serious accident scenes, using the jaws of life to rescue trapped people, attending to people having medical emergencies before ambulances arrive and assisting Medics, and the list goes on.  I'm sure you can rattle off many times  you personally saved someone life over  your career.    I've always said, fire fighters are real heroes! 

• craigswan
    30,983 Posts
    Tue, Apr 4 2023 7:36 AM

Which household object is theoretically great at stopping alligators?

• craigswan
    30,983 Posts
    Thu, Apr 13 2023 11:26 AM
    Did you see the brightline train crash in hollywood near miami on wednesday . A train going at speed through a built up area was an accident waiting to happen . The truck trailer stayed on the line and cars went in every direction apparently . I was there just two weeks ago making the same comments . Traffic lights to close to the train line .
  • HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Fri, Apr 14 2023 5:00 PM

Yes I did.  You were there.  Wow, you were in danger.   I am thinking of taking another trip down south.  Where are you going to be beginning of May?  I would like to come to where ever you are so we can meet up for lunch or a beverage.  I had a nice meeting with PDB1.   I would like to meet up with as many WGT members as I can.   That is now my new hobby.   

• craigswan
    30,983 Posts
    Mon, Apr 17 2023 3:37 AM

Sorry Henry .

In may will be in scotland .

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Mon, Apr 17 2023 10:26 PM

craigswan:

Sorry Henry .

In may will be in scotland .

Yahooooo.. How long are you going to be there?   My wife wants to go there between treatments.   Maybe we can meet up in Scotland?

• craigswan
    30,983 Posts
    Tue, Apr 18 2023 8:07 AM

5 Second Rule .

Name 3 completely useless things that you have in your house .

• craigswan
    30,983 Posts
    Tue, Apr 18 2023 8:09 AM

5 Second Rule .

Name 3 people dumber than you .

• PAGES
RSS