Forums

Help › Forums

Question

Wed, Feb 15 2023 2:42 PM (9 replies)
  • BogeyOne
    1,966 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2023 7:45 AM

Why would the owner of a club that has been around for years and has more than 160 members attempt to poach members from an active club?

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2023 7:55 AM

BogeyOne:

Why would the owner of a club that has been around for years and has more than 160 members attempt to poach members from an active club?

• craigswan
    30,983 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2023 8:03 AM

Maybe wanting to increase there head count for turf wars and clashes or needing extra funding for credit games .

Are the 160 members active .

• craigswan
    30,983 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2023 8:14 AM

We all get invites periodically from strangers .

Maybe they go to forums as they know these people are active .

Lazy way out .

To Do List Nothing GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• BogeyOne
    1,966 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2023 9:05 AM

Yes. They're in the list of the top 50 leading clubs for the week. My club is presently ranked at 42.

• Slimjim001
    1,025 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2023 9:32 AM

I'm seeing more of that sort of thing in recent months. I've received several myself and when I check them out, its from a club that is looking for more aggressive clash and turf wars players. I've even read a couple random comments from old school players who now say that poaching is no big deal which suggests to me that the WGT culture might be drifting away from a platform of ethics of fair play.

• craigswan
    30,983 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2023 1:18 PM

My status reads - I don’t care to join any club that’s prepared to have me as a member..

But still they come .

I'm afraid these coin game newbies are game junkies not golf etiquettes .

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2023 1:47 PM

Slimjim001:
    I've even read a couple random comments from old school players who now say that poaching is no big deal which suggests to me that the WGT culture might be drifting away from a platform of ethics of fair play.

I guess you can count me among those who think that poaching (or at least sending club invites to players of an active club) is no big deal.

If a player receives an invite to a new club, and they're happy with their current club, it only takes 2 seconds to click the DECLINE button on the invite.  If a club owner becomes a nuisance and persists in sending unwelcome invites after that, they can be blocked.  I personally would not want somebody to stay in my club if they were unhappy, or if they felt they would be happier in a different club, for whatever reason.  If they left, I would wish them the best.

Club owners do not "own" the players in their club.  There is no rule, written or unwritten, that says inviting a player from another club (even an active one) to join yours is wrong.

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2023 2:05 PM

"Poaching" is only done with permission of those poached. No harm - no foul. Everyone is a free agent. 

• Raclydie
    133 Posts
    Wed, Feb 15 2023 2:42 PM

Every member has the right to play where they wish. Happy in their current club then decline the new club invite. The trouble is that people take it too personally when members decide to change clubs. Speaking from my own personal experience I want a club where the owner is involved, and members are valued. What members do is recognised and you’re not just a number in a list. Club chat is important so you can get to know your fellow club members. Playing friendly matches is also important. Just remember it’s a game not a way of life and every member is entitled to play for whoever they choose. Run a decent club and you’ll keep your members simple as that☺️

RSS