Forums

Help › Forums

Forfeit ???

Tue, Mar 7 2023 12:11 PM (24 replies)
  • PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Mar 6 2023 2:07 PM

DodgyPutter:
    Is it possible to "get forfeited"?  I'd have thought t has to be something done willingly.  Anyway I'm pretty sure the discussion was that they wanted the opportunity to forfeit.  I suppose the other club does "get" the win sooner than expected.

Yes, In this case they can- they get the win but...There most likely playing to amass coins and club XP the winning club amassed the most coins, all the players playing get a bonus amount of coins and the club gets bonus XP- the losing club also gets a smaller bonus. I think there is also a Super pass to the winning club?

I personally only play em for the XP, We win some against large clubs and lose some to small clubs- it really depends on how many coins they will gamble and how much they play.  

pdb1:

But do you still have an opportunity at the coin bonus if you get your clock cleaned ?

Yes, Smaller bonus but yes. What were talking about I think is wins/losses which are not really recorded...there are trophy's but i'm not even sure anyone knows what they are or what they mean or how your earn more/less of them.

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Tue, Mar 7 2023 8:54 AM

pdb1:
     I thought this was about the TW CC"s . It seemed as though the tide was rolling towards a new option . One that would allow a CC to pass when confronted with a very uneven match up .

WGT-Golf-3-7-2023-11-36-34-AM

The difference between winning and losing is 1800 coins, a superpass and 10% bonus jump from losing vs winning, Each member can earn quite a bonus if they gamble a lot of coins because the winning club members that play get 2K coins plus 15% bonus to coins they earn and the loser gets 200 coins plus 5% bonus.

If someone forfeits, club gets no bonus XP, members get no bonus coins or the 2K/200 for participating. We would get a superpass and a Win that is not recorded anywhere...and not even that if forfeit happened before anyone had played yet.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, Mar 7 2023 12:11 PM

DodgyPutter:
    Is it possible to "get forfeited"?  I'd have thought t has to be something done willingly.  Anyway I'm pretty sure the discussion was that they wanted the opportunity to forfeit.  I suppose the other club does "get" the win sooner than expected.

doubt this is what you mean  - but to illustrate the stupidity of these events and why they are not really skill based competitions but merely who wants to pay more credits for a win - or who can afford to play high stakes coin rooms versus a club that mostly plays low stakes.

room selection can and does often dictate wins - especially if the other club is willing to play more passes.

-- 

this is possibly the extreme case, but it did happen.

- I won a TW once playing one free CC pass without hitting a ball because my opponent forfeited immediately on the tee - since I had used a pass and got credit for the win - it was applied to the TW - which was won - with one win in a higher stakes coin room that covered the other teams total.  

gotta love these gimmicky events when you can win them without hitting a shot!

btw - I also believe it was stuff like this that led to WGT changing things up and removing clubs from getting credit from matching up against club members and doing it in Monaco all in where the scores were absurdly out of control and players would also get the TW bonus for those inflated scores.  just one of the ways i believe it was abused in the early stages.

RSS