Forums

Help › Forums

Forfeit ???

Tue, Mar 7 2023 12:11 PM (24 replies)
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, Mar 5 2023 4:53 AM

VictoriaVixen1:

Speaking of forfeiture. Is there a way to forfeit a Turf War?Robs Rebels totally made it impossible. They racked up 225 million+  . Cut us a break. 

It’s something I have requested a few times , but it doesn’t get discussed or even acknowledged , but I think it would be a good idea. We could forfeit an impossible to win turf war, and start using passes towards triggering the next with a chance of a fairer draw. I can’t see a reason why it’s not an option. 

• Boycalvin
    945 Posts
    Sun, Mar 5 2023 10:44 AM

bossbird:

VictoriaVixen1:

Speaking of forfeiture. Is there a way to forfeit a Turf War?Robs Rebels totally made it impossible. They racked up 225 million+  . Cut us a break. 

It’s something I have requested a few times , but it doesn’t get discussed or even acknowledged , but I think it would be a good idea. We could forfeit an impossible to win turf war, and start using passes towards triggering the next with a chance of a fairer draw. I can’t see a reason why it’s not an option. 

Couldn’t agree more. Our Club is level 5 and has 4 members. Last week we activated a TW and got paired with Kelly’s Heroes a Level 20 club who are top of the TW charts. Even before any of us played the Heroes had racked up 235million coins! By the end of the TW they had almost 500million! Just wasn’t worth us playing. The same thing happened a couple of weeks previously when we were paired with the Texas Lone Stars (also Level 20) so I’m not sure that we were just unlucky! There should be an option to forfeit or, even simpler, WGT should include an algorithm that prevents clubs playing each other where there is, say, >10 level difference.

Stuart

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Mon, Mar 6 2023 3:37 AM

If wgt was to let you forfeit a turf war they would lose money due to less ball hits, not sure about passes being bought because I dont play turf wars. Do you need a pass to play in a turf war? Cheers.

• Boycalvin
    945 Posts
    Mon, Mar 6 2023 9:34 AM

callaghan159:

If wgt was to let you forfeit a turf war they would lose money due to less ball hits, not sure about passes being bought because I dont play turf wars. Do you need a pass to play in a turf war? Cheers.

Yes, you have to use/buy a pass for your score to count in a Turf War. However, there are no ball hits or passes purchased if a team decides not to play because it’s a lost cause. I’m guessing that teams like Kelly’s Heroes will still play even if the other team forfeits - they certainly didn”t need 500 million coins to beat us,  500K would have been enough!!

cheers

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Mon, Mar 6 2023 10:20 AM

callaghan159:

I don’t agree. Yes you need a pass to play a turf war , and a small club will buy passes if they think they might have a chance of a win. A big club however will not buy passes as they will have two during a 24 hour turf war , or will buy passes anyway for the “ benefit” of their club. 
    it would however encourage purchase of passes to get to trigger the next turf war . There really is nothing to disadvantage WGT , but a lot of advantages to clubs who get drawn against huge clubs. Huge clubs will also be encouraged to buy passes to get to the next turf war.
    it’s a win /win situation  

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Mon, Mar 6 2023 10:26 AM

pdb1:

The word forfeit is getting some bad press right now. As some believe it is being exploited as a way of cheating .

I think if you could create a different wording to describe your request . .

It sounds like there are a number of CC's that are more than a little put off about the match up methods used .

While they are working on that . Which they must be doing . To help in participation in these events . So as to generate more income .

Then maybe they/you would consider an option to " Pass on this Event " or " Forgo this Invite , challenge , whatever " . Or decline . Take a bye . Something other than forfeit .

Maybe that would help .

It really doesn’t matter what the word is , the key is being able to move on immediately when it is obvious that a win is not possible . No one is getting hooked on the word forfeit , but I would be happy to “give in “ to a turf war that is un-winnable , in an attempt to get the next one triggered . It is definitely a win / win for everyone. 

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Mar 6 2023 11:39 AM

bossbird:
    It is definitely a win / win for everyone. 

But its not, The club that gets forfeited lose their chance at the coin bonus and club XP bonus...Small club here too- so I do understand where your coming from. 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Mar 6 2023 12:04 PM

PureGro1:
    But its not, The club that gets forfeited lose their chance at the coin bonus and club XP bonus...

Is it possible to "get forfeited"?  I'd have thought t has to be something done willingly.  Anyway I'm pretty sure the discussion was that they wanted the opportunity to forfeit.  I suppose the other club does "get" the win sooner than expected.

RSS