Forums

Help › Forums

Reputation Percentage

Sun, Dec 20 2009 2:21 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Shephard
    32 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 9:48 AM

I feel that the new reputation percentage program is unfair for two major reasons.

When setting up for a multi player game many times one of the players does not download properly for some reason. Being the sportspersons we are, we will go back for them and restart the round. Why should all the players, in the group, be penalized by lowering their percentage for acting like good sportspersons?

When starting a round in a multiplayer game some of the players may have a very bad start. If the group all agrees, we may do a restart for those players so that they can get a reasonable start on the round. Call it a mulligan, if you will. Why should good sportspersons be penalized by lowering their percentage for helping out and being considerate to their fellow players?

• ZekeSr
    36 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 10:01 AM

I think that WGT is trying to keep this as real as possible and real golf doesn't involve starting over so they can improve their score.....that's the whole purpose of the reputation percentage.  I had to start over last evening in a credit match because it went extra holes and froze it didn't effect my percentage at all.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 10:03 AM

This feature (in the form in which it was introduced yesterday) has been cancelled, thankfully. See this post for suggestions on how to fix the feature so that it meets the players' expectations.

• BrickAlley
    5 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 11:38 AM

I'm not trying to take a cheap shot at all, but the first game I played with the Rep feature docked me after I was abandoned at the first tee. No one took a single shot including myself and I got docked. They might need to know about this, so that is why I'm mentioning it. I'm fully aware that they are working on getting it straight, so no one needs to explain that to me. :)

79 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 4:12 PM

BrickAlley:
    They might need to know about this

I think it is safe to say that they know about it

• TarheelsRule
    5,476 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 5:44 PM
    Did the rep % go away, I don't see it anymore.
  • GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 5:57 PM

Yeah,its gone for now.I think they gonna try to straighten out the load problems.They're gonna make it where it don't keep track until everyone in the group has hit at least one shot off the first tee.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 7:03 PM

Seems like many wanted a way to identify and "punish" quitters and disconnects. Some tried to explain that since WGT can't identify a legitimate computer problem from a "quitter" then it won't work. But the many insisted. Well, turns out some of the many got burned and didn't like it after all.

This is such a minor issue. Let it go and ask WGT to concentrate on the more serious problems and our fervent wishes for a new course.

Just my opinion.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 8:13 PM

Reputation tracking can work correctly and 100% fairly and it's an essential feature to be implemented on this site. It just needs to be implemented properly.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2009 7:13 AM

Faterson:

Reputation tracking can work correctly and 100% fairly and it's an essential feature to be implemented on this site. It just needs to be implemented properly.

Question for Faterson.  How essential is this feature to you?  More essential than getting St. Andrews stroke play?

Hypothetically, if getting Reputation Tracking in the next release means pushing out St. Andrews stroke play one month should WGT be working on Rep Tracking at all?

Please humor me and provide a brief reply w/o using the word "absurd".  (Brief = Twitterable in this case.) 

• PAGES
RSS