Forums

Help › Forums

Cheating players: WGT MUST ADDRESS THIS

Sat, Jan 14 2023 7:12 AM (26 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2023 8:57 AM

PureGro1:

Remember how Flash had the yellow/green/red thing on the profile of person joining game, it was IIRC for how often someone quit games. A person who quit a lot would be red- and you could boot em before game started.

• jacktrade51
    10,909 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2023 7:51 PM

In response to Robbo's comments and picking up on a few of Paul's comments ...

When we had Flash and somebody left an AS game, the other team inevitably got the win.  I remember having a computer with a dying hard drive, couldn't get back in time, and tagging my partner (regrettably) and myself with a forfeit loss.  (That computer is long ago in the trash.)  There was an option to leave the game without a result, but a player from the other team had to agree.  (This usually occurred when the game was set mistakenly, such as wrong number of holes or goofy green speed, or a player claiming at home emergency.)

What is new with PCEA is that some players have figured out how to leave the game without anyone's agreement, and avoid the ff and the loss.  In those cases, it also appears no xp points are awarded (I'm level 168, don't need them) and the club gets nothing if xp pass is in play.

The result is to create an incentive to quit using some trick I am not aware of.  A lot of players care about their stats and will do that just for that purpose.

Cheater might not have been the perfect word.  I get Robbo's point on that.  But starting a game and quitting mid-game should have consequences: at least a loss on one's AS W-L record ... and appropriate xp points should be awarded to the other players and the club (if a pass is in play).

As far as I can tell, this only comes up in AS.  In a stroke play multi-player games, the individual not leaving can continue to play.  And I have had lots of players leave in coin games, but I always get the win.  (Plus, I have left too.)  The appropriate consequence: the guy leaving loses his coins, but if one is 2 strokes down with 1 hole to go, probably going to happen anyway.  The winner still gets his coins and apparel box.  

So bottom line, what is new is that quitting in AS has no consequences if one is losing the game.  The winners should get their win and xp points, and the quitter and his partner should always get the loss.

Tom.

• Blue588
    273 Posts
    Mon, Jan 9 2023 8:14 PM

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2023 6:24 PM

Blue588:

Multiplayer games are like taking an evening stroll in Chicago or Detroit. 

a·nal·o·gy
    /əˈnaləjē/
    I'd say, maybe try again...  yep...   > <  lol... sayin'.... 
    I mean given the level of malice, distaste and disgust you are directing toward those certain individuals ruining your MP rounds...
    What's going on in Chicago and Detroit  in the evening? 
  • Blue588
    273 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2023 12:52 PM

• AlvaroGil1
    37 Posts
    Fri, Jan 13 2023 6:50 AM

Blue588:

Most WGT players don’t know basic sportsmanship and good manners. Worse, many are downright malicious..

Disagree. I'd say 40% don't mind losing much, another 30% don't like it a bit but are able to control their manners and the rest just want you dead.

So most is incorrect.

RSS