Forums

Help › Forums

Cheating players: WGT MUST ADDRESS THIS

Sat, Jan 14 2023 7:12 AM (26 replies)
  • jacktrade51
    10,909 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2023 6:44 PM

It has come up over and over.  But never a response.  How can losers quit game after 8 holes and no result?  

I think WGT is trying to kill AS.

Anyway, I was playing with Darek2, and 2 Tour Legends.  I set game up so Darek2 and I were on other teams to be fair.  So Darek's partner somehow manages to quit on 9th hole when they were down with no out come.  This has been posted over and over again.  So I lost stat, which I don't care about.  I also lost free cc xp pass bonus which cost our club.

ANSWER THE QUESTION.  I HAVE ASKED OVER AND OVER AGAIN

NAME THE QUITTER I WANT IT POSTED HERE.  OTHERWISE WGT IS TOLERATING QUITTERS.

HOW CAN ONE QUIT WITHOUT A RESULT

WHY HAS WGT NOT FIXED THIS AFTER THOUSANDS OF COMPLAINTS

It was Darek2's random chosen partner.  Not Darek.  

And I want compenstion for use of free cc xp pass!  This is BS.  Multiple complaints but WGT does nothing.

• dad19733
    164 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2023 6:53 PM

@acktrade51 

I cant say i disagree,  perhaps reach out to nico,  he's wgt community manager,  he might have some insight.

Jamie

jacktrade51:

It has come up over and over.  But never a response.  How can losers quit game after 8 holes and no result?  

I think WGT is trying to kill AS.

Anyway, I was playing with Darek2, and 2 Tour Legends.  I set game up so Darek2 and I were on other teams to be fair.  So Darek's partner somehow manages to quit on 9th hole when they were down with no out come.  This has been posted over and over again.  So I lost stat, which I don't care about.  I also lost free cc xp pass bonus which cost our club.

ANSWER THE QUESTION.  I HAVE ASKED OVER AND OVER AGAIN

NAME THE QUITTER I WANT IT POSTED HERE.  OTHERWISE WGT IS TOLERATING QUITTERS.

HOW CAN ONE QUIT WITHOUT A RESULT

WHY HAS WGT NOT FIXED THIS AFTER THOUSANDS OF COMPLAINTS

It was Darek2's random chosen partner.  Not Darek.  

And I want compenstion for use of free cc xp pass!  This is BS.  Multiple complaints but WGT does nothing.

• jacktrade51
    10,909 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2023 7:13 PM

I have played 2700 AS games.  The .0001 difference on my W-L record is irrelevant.  

But the cheaters who have figured out how to quit without consequences is not.  And it costs the legal players in multiple ways.

50-50 WGT deletes this thread.

Tom.

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2023 4:43 AM

GM Tom.......I play mostly A/S. If I understand your complaint, you are saying your opponents quit the game without anyone being declared a winner or loser and you are losing a cc pass.  Like I said I play a lot of alt shot games and run into a quitter at least once a day while using a cc pass. Yes i would like my cc pass reimbursed to me but thats not going to happen with wgt. Also there are times when one of my oppents quits the game I check my profile and it says my partner and I am awarded the win. I hope I understood your question. Cheers

Edit.... there is one troll here that will responde to your post about quitters as he always post to my complaints. He even creeps my profile and quotes things. LOL. I agree with you that cheaters and quitters should me made public and punished. I have started posting on my oppents wall when they quit. Others will see that they are quitters before they delete and hopefully not play them.

• Robbo81303
    411 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2023 5:40 AM

While I sympathize with your frustrations, I believe a bit of perspective needs to be added to this thread.

First, your use of the term 'cheater' is misplaced. A cheater is someone who breaks the rules to gain an unfair advantage.  There is nothing to be gained by quitting an alt shot round because the alt shot round has no material value.  There are no prizes in alt shot, its basically a fun format for folks to get together and play.  Even in an alt shot tournament quitting can hardly be called cheating as any material gain is sacrificed by quitting.

As far as losing the cc pass xp's goes, you've been here long enough to know there's a whole multitude of issues, many under no one's control, that can cause those xp's to be lost.  Moreover, there are many more reliable options than alt shot to gain the daily xp bonus.  A ranked, solo 18-hole round yields as many xp's as a 9-hole alt shot round with a far greater likelihood of completing the round.  It seems disingenuous to me to penalize someone for quitting simply because you 'lost' xp bonuses as there are plenty of other options available to gain those bonuses.

Furthermore, I find nothing in the T&C's that specifically addresses quitters.  However, there are consequences for 'blaming & shaming' as Callaghan suggests, at least as far as publicly naming said players.  No one like quitters, but for WGT or anyone else to hold even a virtual gun to someones head saying 'You WILL finish this video game or else!' is patently ludicrous.

Just my opinion. Your results may vary.  Good luck.

• IamNicklaus
    494 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2023 6:13 AM

Robbo81303:

While I sympathize with your frustrations, I believe a bit of perspective needs to be added to this thread.

First, your use of the term 'cheater' is misplaced. A cheater is someone who breaks the rules to gain an unfair advantage.  There is nothing to be gained by quitting an alt shot round because the alt shot round has no material value.  There are no prizes in alt shot, its basically a fun format for folks to get together and play.  Even in an alt shot tournament quitting can hardly be called cheating as any material gain is sacrificed by quitting.

As far as losing the cc pass xp's goes, you've been here long enough to know there's a whole multitude of issues, many under no one's control, that can cause those xp's to be lost.  Moreover, there are many more reliable options than alt shot to gain the daily xp bonus.  A ranked, solo 18-hole round yields as many xp's as a 9-hole alt shot round with a far greater likelihood of completing the round.  It seems disingenuous to me to penalize someone for quitting simply because you 'lost' xp bonuses as there are plenty of other options available to gain those bonuses.

Furthermore, I find nothing in the T&C's that specifically addresses quitters.  However, there are consequences for 'blaming & shaming' as Callaghan suggests, at least as far as publicly naming said players.  No one like quitters, but for WGT or anyone else to hold even a virtual gun to someones head saying 'You WILL finish this video game or else!' is patently ludicrous.

Just my opinion. Your results may vary.  Good luck.

Excellent post ! ...Unfortunately the lack of the bolded bit " perspective " is endemic in these parts ..so unlikely to get a lot of love , however on point it is .

• sheepsass
    648 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2023 6:52 AM

When you use a pass, as soon as you hit the ball you get your cdp plus one for hitting th eball…so how much do you really lose if someone quits??

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2023 8:38 AM

sheepsass:

When you use a pass, as soon as you hit the ball you get your cdp plus one for hitting th eball…so how much do you really lose if someone quits??

THIS....you only lose XP for the ball hits you didn't take. 

Remember how Flash had the yellow/green/red thing on the profile of person joining game, it was IIRC for how often someone quit games. A person who quit a lot would be red- and you could boot em before game started.

If they wont bring that back, IMO- people have to start trying to find altshot games with people they know instead of random chance, It would be easier to get 4 non-quitters together than it would be to find and name every single player who quits...especially with no idea why they quit, could be bad sport or could be weak internet.

RSS