Forums

Help › Forums

FINNYS WORLD CUP 2023 OFFICIAL FORUM

Mon, May 27 2024 8:56 PM (1,691 replies)
  • bader76
    935 Posts
    Sun, Feb 19 2023 9:46 AM

CAPTAINS NOTICE -

7 DAYS TILL WE GO LIVE 

LETS GET  YOUR TEAMS OVER READY FOR ROUND 1,

If you've not sent them yet, only had 9 sent over since the live draw last Sunday

WC TEAM 

• bader76
    935 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2023 1:03 PM

4 Days till Finny's World cup goes live

CAPTAINS LETS GET THEM TEAMS SENT IN READY FOR ROUND 1 

NEED THEM IN BY MIDNIGHT ON SATURDAY 25TH UK 

WC TEAM 

• bader76
    935 Posts
    Thu, Feb 23 2023 12:17 AM

CAPTAINS - 

14 MORE TEAMS TO BE SENT OVER - PLEASE DO SO BY SATURDAY @ MIDNIGHT UK - THANKS TO ALL THAT HAVE ALREADY SENT THEM OVER

WC TEAM 

• Trinbagoboy
    286 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2023 10:29 AM

Just want to wish everyone taking part Good Luck and also a huge thank you to all who are involved in the organisation of this great event.

Remember to have fun out there guys as that's the best part of this, friendly yet intense competition with others like you who love playing WGT.

Robert aka Trinbagoboy

• bader76
    935 Posts
    Sun, Feb 26 2023 1:59 PM

Here we are again, 2023 Finny's world cup 

ROUND 1 

27th Feb - 12th March

18 Hole Matchplay @ Kiawah

Well it's that time again for another edition of Finny’s World Cup. This year we have 48 teams fighting it out for the cup or the plate. WE also have some added extras this year with the bounties where if you beat a top 6 player from last year you can win prizes, also we will be doing a live draw once the groups are over for the bottom 16 teams, where 1 member from each team could win a sleeve, plus we will be doing a random draw where everyone that's playing in this year's World Cup will be entered into a draw for a sleeve also, and we have 8 sleeves that are up for grabs for this.

REPORTING YOU MATCHPLAY RESULTS  - 

You will need to post your results in the Finny’s World cup 2023 forum here - https://www.wgt.com/forums/p/716209/4782381.aspx#4782381

Each game being played has its own Tie # on the side of each game, could you use this number, with Group # and Round # and also will need the result posted as win/draw or loss, with a message about the match you had together. 

IE- Group 4, Round 5, Tie 869 then the message about the match. 

Bounties can be found here and who's playing -

https://nigelkeatley.wixsite.com/wc2023/bounties

You can see who's playing who for the bounties and how they are getting on over the rounds, there's link tabs for each round if you click on them to find a match up. 

If your playing against a bounty player and it's still A/S at 18 holes, you will need to Carry on playing till there's a winner for the bounty - TEAM SCORE WILL STILL BE A DRAW 

CTTH ROUNDS/HOLES/SPONSORS - 

Click on this link to the CTTH spreadsheet, CTTH R1 (nigelkeatley.wixsite.com) Here will be all the holes along with the sponsors and the prizes 

Any claims for a nearest the pin must be posted on the CTTH thread, you will need to post them here https://www.wgt.com/forums/p/715791/4779650.aspx#4779650  

you will need to post the Round #, Hole # players name and the distance and the screenshot of the CTTH

If your in the WC DISCORD room you can post your screenshots here - https://discord.com/channels/947894868489928815/1044947591802126416

Next to the CTTH on the  spreadsheet there are some special prizes which will run throughout the comp. 

Any prizes not claimed will be carried over as double the next round.

RULES -

Any player with a –2 by their name must take an air shot on holes #2 and #11

There is an example on page 1 of the forum on how to take an air shot.

If a mistake has been made on air shots not taken it must be replayed from the point of the shot and hole and this could take time so be aware please that you know which holes they must be taken on before the match starts that’s for both players and if the match is completed the result will stand.

Each match will be played to a win, draw or lose, no sudden death 18 holes,

Each match will have a 2 week timeline to complete

Any players refusing to play will forfeit their match

Any matches not completed on time will be looked at by me and the team and a decision made on the result depending on evidence supplied,

Once a match has been played the result will stand, So it’s up to all players to check the opponents tier before start of play

I would suggest a 90 sec shot clock with maximum timeouts, there’s no panic to get the game played and have a chat in-between

if both players agree they can have 60 or 45 that would be their choice,

NO apparel unless agreed by both players,

No focus boosts will be allowed during matches. Use of this tool will lead to a disqualification

Any team members giving advice on any shots/putts to another player on any chat forum and found out, the player and the adviser will be disqualified from the rest of the comp.

Players please when posting results, I would like group number, teams and players please and a short post of the match

Let’s keep the forum busy but no negative comments from anyone, if you have a problem contact your captain first and they will contact the other captain, We don’t really want to be involved unless we have to.

That’s about it for now, have a great world cup to everyone that's playing this year and have some fun out there.

WC TEAM

• gordonparker
    827 Posts
    Mon, Feb 27 2023 4:09 AM

Group 3 - Round 1 - Match 78

Myself and Kamaljkr got the World Cup off and running this morning. A tight front 9 where my opponent went 1up 3 times however I clawed this back each time and got to the turn a/s. An edgy back 9 but with birdies on the 15th and 17th I managed a 2&1 win against my opponent for the SEL PIGEONSLAYERS!

Liam

• irzy
    1,358 Posts
    Mon, Feb 27 2023 5:58 AM

Maybe for next year you should rethink having the air shot holes  the same as the CTTH prize holes......3rd shot approach has no hope of winning.

Irzy.

• bader76
    935 Posts
    Mon, Feb 27 2023 7:44 AM

irzy:

Maybe for next year you should rethink having the air shot holes  the same as the CTTH prize holes......3rd shot approach has no hope of winning.

Irzy.

With the right wind you can get on in 3, still birdie hole even with the air shot 

But i know what your saying - no nope of getting on in 2 for the CTTH.

Just luck of the draw on who your playing against im afraid on this one  

• donarsky61
    301 Posts
    Mon, Feb 27 2023 10:59 AM

Group 2 round 1 Tie 34

Donarsky61 vs Easilybeaten, Shawn was on fire the whole game throwing darts and making putts He wins 7 up

RSS