Forums

Help › Forums

Stalling/cheating in coin games

Mon, Mar 11 2024 12:26 AM (37 replies)
  • jacktrade51
    10,831 Posts
    Wed, Dec 7 2022 9:00 PM

We, in my club, have been running into this lately.  TP's or Masters entering Bellagio room coin games and then stalling, trying to run out the clock and getting us to quit.  Some loophole in program that allows them to keep the clock running without a forfeit.

BD has run into this 2x with same cheater against 2 different players in my club.  We were patient, but 1 hour to finish a 3 hole game.  Who knows how many games the cheater won because his/her opponent got impatient?  I cannot name him here because WGT will suspend me from posting, but we have 2 complaints against him with WGT member services.

WGT needs to act on this cheater, plus they need to fix the loophole being exploited.

Tom.

• Nancy1959
    7,032 Posts
    Wed, Dec 7 2022 9:28 PM

This has happened to me many times in the past couple of weeks.  It is always on the final green when I am about to win (often by two or three strokes).  In the past week, it cost me 23.4 million coins (5X in the Bellagio room and once in the 900K room...Manhattan room, I believe?).

I call them out sometimes by posting on their profile page about them cheating.  I also started posting their usernames in our CC forum for those who care to block these players.  A couple of times, I have also written to the owner of the cheaters' country clubs.  What is amazing to me is that they have allowed the player to remain in their club!  In one such case, the guy gets the same complaints all the time of cheating in this same way with posts on his profile page every other day and complaints to many members who are in the club with this guy.  Nothing.

I have also written to WGT about this twice in the past two weeks (naming names) and they don't do anything about it.

Players like this have made the coin rooms a lot less fun.  It boggles my mind that someone would have such low integrity and character to cheat like this, but unfortunately it exists here.  It also boggles my mind that any owner of any country club on here would allow players like these to give their entire country club a black eye, which is the case.

~Nancy

• TShred1968
    5 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2022 3:33 AM

Hey Nancy I hear what you are saying but can't you also block that player if this happens or do you continue playing with them?  Just curious.

• pjsbush74
    359 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2022 4:08 AM

Nancy try to screenshot it and send wgt mail it's usually resolved they give you your coins back but not the ones you are about to win or your pass back I no exactly what you mean and the players who do this yet it's never resolved and countless posts on there wall yet these players are there in there all the time it's extremely frustrating as you no its coming and there's nothing you can do about it

• Kittykat2017
    503 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2022 5:30 AM
    This post has been deleted.
  • Bluto346
    74 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2022 8:37 AM

When a player does that to you, just open up WGT on another device....phone, tablet...etc. It will start a 45 second countdown timer on the offending player. Once the countdown clock begins, close out your 2nd device, otherwise the game might recognize you having two devices open, and that ultimately could forfeit YOU. I simply restart my phone. That does the trick. Once the 45 seconds are up, the game will forfeit the player and you'll have your win and your coins. Every now and then it doesn't work, but the majority of the time it will.

• amateur4sure
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2022 2:09 PM

jacktrade51:

We, in my club, have been running into this lately.  TP's or Masters entering Bellagio room coin games and then stalling, trying to run out the clock and getting us to quit.  Some loophole in program that allows them to keep the clock running without a forfeit.

BD has run into this 2x with same cheater against 2 different players in my club.  We were patient, but 1 hour to finish a 3 hole game.  Who knows how many games the cheater won because his/her opponent got impatient?  I cannot name him here because WGT will suspend me from posting, but we have 2 complaints against him with WGT member services.

WGT needs to act on this cheater, plus they need to fix the loophole being exploited.

Tom.

Tom I find it shocking that WGT will not allow You or anybody to Name and Shame if a cheat is found, We all know there are plenty of cheaters out there.

WGT How about creating a list of All People found to have cheated in this game, Just a thought 

RSS