Forums

Help › Forums

Coming up short.

Tue, Sep 6 2022 6:57 AM (4 replies)
  • spa75
    330 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2022 10:48 AM

This game is really starting to pee me off.

Can someone pls explain to me why my irons are constantly coming up 10-15yrd short.       Example,    on approach  distance was  161yrd   with a slight tail wind of 5to7 mph.    No elevation.  So I use my club that  goes 165yrd  i hit it at 97% and ding it  which should get me about 160yrds or there about  yet it only went  148 yrds  whats that all about.   And its not just once it seems to b happing alot. I've tried uninstalling game and reinstaling it but that makes no difference and its not apparel related coz I dont use the iron or spin apparel boost. Its really starting to wind me up and its messing up my game,    its making me not want to play game when i actually really like it,   (liked it).       Thanks.

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2022 12:09 PM

spa75:
     Can someone pls explain to me why my irons are constantly coming up 10-15yrd short.       Example,    on approach  distance was  161yrd   with a slight tail wind of 5to7 mph.    No elevation.  So I use my club that  goes 165yrd  i hit it at 97% and ding it  which should get me about 160yrds or there about  yet it only went  148 yrds  whats that all about

Sounds like you hit Full back spin, those #s are almost dead on for hitting 160 w/full bs. try re-mapping your ball, your going to find you need to add 10+ for full BS.

• spa75
    330 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2022 8:19 AM

Hmm  bck spin not sure if i did  but I do have  a nasty habit of putting spin on all shots .  OK thank you I will try that  . Normally I only add 5yrs when spinning bck. I will try  10 .     THANKS  Bud   appreciate that.

Shane .gl all

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2022 11:50 AM

spa75:
    Normally I only add 5yrs when spinning bck. I will try  10 .     THANKS  Bud   appreciate that.

The amount of spin you have to add depends on the spin rating of the ball you are using. I add 7 yrds for HW and 5 yrds for TW. Clubs might have some impact also but I am not sure on that.

• spa75
    330 Posts
    Tue, Sep 6 2022 6:57 AM

Thank you guys for your help and advice,  it has helped  but am still getting some really random weird shots .  I guess I'm just that bad.lol    thank you much appreciated. 

Good luck all and happy smashing. ✌🍀

RSS