Forums

Help › Forums

What to do with rude players?

Wed, Dec 16 2009 3:30 PM (9 replies)
  • ArthurHaverkamp
    4 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2009 11:42 AM
    I just played against a guy, who said a whole bunch of F U's during our round. More or less only because I said that I hated slow play(he almost took a minute on every drive off the Tee). Then he said that he would come over to my place and kick my ass. He was also talking about; a white man doesn't talk like this to a black man ...in my country(usa)? -I have been many times to america( I am dutch). I now that in alot of states the racial difference is still an issue but I am Dutch. I don't have a problem with any colour. Half my family is another colour, so what? But what do you do when you have such a player in your group? Report him? I didn't want to leave cuz' I was -3 (ended up par by all the nonsense on the chat). Arthur
    79 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2009 11:54 AM

ArthurHaverkamp:
    I just played against a guy, who said a whole bunch of F U's during our round. More or less only because I said that I hated slow play(he almost took a minute on every drive off the Tee). T

had the same experience. Be interesting to know if it is the same person. I usually hit within 15 seconds off the timer, sometimes within 5 seconds, and when I get myself in real trouble, I might take 30 seconds. What I  do not understand about these people who take so much time is---what the F they thinking about for 45-80 seconds.

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2009 11:58 AM

Edit: I DID misread something, and for that I'm sorry, and an idiot.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2009 12:25 PM

If a player is being abusive to you, screen-grab the text, and email it to WGT.

You could also just minimize the text box and play your game.

• iukine
    195 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2009 12:59 PM
    I think the best thing to do with these rude fellas is to close the chat feature and then let your clubs do the talking. These folks will either drop out or shut up, which is good for everyone involved.
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2009 1:11 PM

You should report any abusive language with a screen capture and email it to WGT as Mario suggested.  However, you should also be considerate enough to allow the other player their full 90 seconds if they need them.

Some people just don't play fast, don't compute math fast, have other things going on in the background or need to swing 5 times at the ball just to get decent meter performance.  Since you never really know what their situation is, it's somewhat rude to ask them to hurry up. 

Instead, just make a note of what you consider "slow players" and avoid them in the future.

• lardog18
    15 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2009 1:16 PM

Nobody should have to listen to or play with jerks like that. Some how WGT needs to either permanently ban them or suspend them for a while.

79 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2009 2:14 PM

nivlac:
    Some people just don't play fast, don't compute math fast, have other things going on in the background or need to swing 5 times at the ball just to get decent meter performance.  Since you never really know what their situation is, it's somewhat rude to ask them to hurry up

In all due respect nivlac, that is a bunch of bull. If you require 90 seconds for a shot, you need to go back to practice. If your shot meter is bad, congratulations, we all have meter problems, and no sense talking about it. I have heard alibis for the quitters, now we are starting alibis for the mentally slow people. I think you owe something to the person you play with. He/she should not be abusive on the chat. He/She should be able to play the game with some skill. If you are a hack level, fine, find another hack that takes 90 seconds, or just play with practice until you are ready to play with other people. This is called respect for others. Are we so self centered that we have to torture another player because our game is so bad that it takes 90 seconds to make up our mind where and how to hit. I just played with a man who took 62 seconds for a 2 ft putt. C'mon, this is not necessary and I would hope that "do unto others as they would do unto you"  would be on all minds, no matter if it is computer golf or anything else. Called the golden rule, and it is a good rule for all

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2009 2:26 PM

5419:
    In all due respect nivlac, that is a bunch of bull. If you require 90 seconds for a shot, you need to go back to practice.

An Amateur teaching one of the best players on this site about the famous "alahbis" once again? Don't be ridiculous. If there are 90 seconds per shot, anyone is free to use 90 seconds per shot. Period.

The best solution, though, is to emulate TWO in this. When setting up a multi-player round on TWO, the game host is given 4 timer options: 30 seconds / 60 seconds / 90 seconds / no timer (!).

This has been discussed many times before, so let's not beat this dead horse any longer.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2009 3:30 PM

Faterson:
    30 seconds / 60 seconds / 90 seconds / no timer (!).

I have managed to make master,please please hold the applause.No seriously,I very rarely use over 15 seconds.I play extremely fast so I do avoid the hack or am if I'm out looking for a game in the "create game" menu.But as far as all that rude talk towards another player is very uncalled for.

The "Golden Rule" is reserved for the believer I'm afraid.And I do believe so don't get me wrong.I guess the rude player was an American by birth but not by the grace of GOD because that is a little unfair to say such a thing about our country.Don't let this one idiot ruin your view of our great Nation.

Larry

RSS