Forums

Help › Forums

Goals & Achievements - Live on all platforms

Fri, Mar 31 2023 9:13 PM (258 replies)
  • MioKontic
    4,631 Posts
    Mon, Aug 8 2022 2:51 AM

I have to agree with a few here, development time could have been much better spent fixing bugs (and some incredibly long-standing bugs that were here in flash and are still here today!) rather than this!

I have 16 million coins, why would I want any more of the useless things???  I am at level 104, so XP is pointless too.  All extra XP will do is give the lower tier players more XP so that they can level up quicker and play with the best clubs at the low tier, and that's the thing that encourages players to restart, sandbag and cheat!

And what about credits?  I can score a 57 on PGA National to get 50cr.  I could use up 10 sleeves of balls (at 550cr per sleeve, total 5500cr) and still unlikely to shoot a 57.  But if by some miracle I was able to do it, I would still be 5000cr down!  Pointless in even trying!

However, as it seems WGT are going to continue with giving us things the game doesn't need, how about at least making it less annoying.  Get rid of the HUGE blue box that pops up a million times each game (for the same goal!) to tell you you've reached a goal, covering up the necessary wind direction and speed info until you close it manually.  And when collecting the stars for each goal we don't need a ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding to let us know we have got 15 stars, ONE DING IS SUFFICIENT, or none would be even better!  I don't want to have to turn off my sound every time I collect a goal!

With every update this game is becoming more and more like an arcade game than a golf game; get rid of all the bells and whistles and bring back the golf game that we all used to love and enjoy.  Gamers who want the bells and whistles will play this game for a little while, then leave.  Golfers and gamers who like the game for what it is will play this game, and for a lot longer, without all the useless bits that keep getting added to it.

It's time to replace the Development Manager(s) with someone who hasn't spent their childhood in an arcade!

• bossbird
    2,209 Posts
    Mon, Aug 8 2022 3:13 AM

Hahahahah ! Miokontic , I haven’t played with sound on my game for years , so thank you for explaining about the ding ding ding etc etc ! 
    on another issue , Mio, I see you at the top of the leaderboard for the week 32 ctth , well played , but to me that course looks completely different to pinehurst as I normally play it . Is it a new pinehurst or is my mind once again playing tricks with me ? Lesley 

• craigswan
    31,287 Posts
    Mon, Aug 8 2022 3:51 AM

Moderator GIF - Moderator GIFs

• pase4win
    232 Posts
    Mon, Aug 8 2022 5:31 AM

MioKontic:
    It's time to replace the Development Manager(s) with someone who hasn't spent their childhood in an arcade!

And collecting wait for it ( Palpitations ) omg what a joke hit four approach shots yesterday within 2yrds so say 6 ft and nothing zilch sure wish they would spend more time on making the game play better.

Pase

• MioKontic
    4,631 Posts
    Mon, Aug 8 2022 5:42 AM

bossbird:

Hahahahah ! Miokontic , I haven’t played with sound on my game for years , so thank you for explaining about the ding ding ding etc etc ! 
    on another issue , Mio, I see you at the top of the leaderboard for the week 32 ctth , well played , but to me that course looks completely different to pinehurst as I normally play it . Is it a new pinehurst or is my mind once again playing tricks with me ? Lesley 

I'm only top of the leaderboard becasue it's still early on Monday morning, the winning score will most likely be under 50.0.  I could have done a lot better but I messed up the bunker shot on the 2nd to last(?) hole, leaving it on the fairway short of the green.

But yes, it's not Pinehurst No.2, it's Pinehurst No.8.  We've had this CTTH course since before I started back in 2010, but WGT rarely use it for CTTH tournaments.  In fact, there are loads of CTTH courses but we only ever seem to get the same 2 or 3 being used for the weekly CTTH, Edgewood (can't remember the exact name) being the most common one.  WGT could have a different one each week to make it less monotonous.  But alas, that would be too simple a task to ask.  And we wouldn't want to disrupt WGT from giving us things we've never asked for and don't want!

• MioKontic
    4,631 Posts
    Mon, Aug 8 2022 6:28 AM

Speaking of CTTH courses, I've just noticed that a few have disappeared - Bali Hai, Silversmooch (the Dutch course, still can't remember it's name!), and one or two others whose names escape me.  What's happened to these?  I'm sure WGT still has the data to allow us to play them, and I very much doubt it's anything contractual.

But hey, bring on the ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding, that is sure to be a great replacement for the lost courses... NOT!

• bossbird
    2,209 Posts
    Mon, Aug 8 2022 7:42 AM

Most of the courses of which you speak Miokontic never did exist on mobile app , so I dont know about them . I think the Dutch one was Hilversumch or something like that , I always hoped it would come to mobile as I have friends who lived nearby. Thanks for explaining about pinehurst. 

• bossbird
    2,209 Posts
    Mon, Aug 8 2022 9:54 AM

Nico , can you yet respond to any of the above , please ? 

• WGTNico
    628 Posts
    Mon, Aug 8 2022 1:05 PM

for any courses in which we have lost throughout the years, it can stem from a few different reasons.

1. we lost the rights to them being in game
    2. the courses have issues irl that prevent them from being in game
    3. in rare cases there were a couple that we didn't shoot in photo realism and didn't look as good as they should have, and we weren't/haven't spent the money to reshoot them properly
    4. sometimes and in even rarer cases, courses just don't want us anymore

now I don't know exactly know what ones fall into that but that's just the reasons

• BGregg1
    17 Posts
    Mon, Aug 8 2022 1:26 PM

Where do we post bugs?

RSS