• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2022 12:00 PM

my fbi agent listening to the discord call fPvU0UAo9?s=cl

Stupid idea posting these anyway, I'm cured now ;-/

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2022 2:37 PM

Discord is better for real time conversations and immediate postings so yes myself and Champ are in there more often and it is overall more active than the forums are. 

Nico

I looked just now, Nico posted after his chat session last night (for me), there was then a 12 hour gap with nothing and 9 posts since that with the only subject being how someone says good morning. 

No questions (so obviously no answers), no discussion about the faults in the showdown etc.  In my experience, if you did go there and raise that (the showdown) and ask why G & A faults were being fixed first my guess at the answer (if any) "G&A affects more people" or something like that. Any further questioning along the lines of how long the showdown has been broken would be met with "G&A is getting fixed first that's just the way it is". 

Three of the posts are from wgt staff too.  I couldn't count how many posts have been on here in the same time.  Here we've had players asking questions and other players giving help.  We've discussed what's wrong in the Showdown and messed about too.  I think there have been nine active threads.

I really don't think Discord is more active than here, lol especially if you take out Nico and Champ's posts from both. 

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2022 7:33 AM

I reluctantly joined discord , despite my technophobia ! But remained a member just long enough to make me realise it’s not for me. I either don’t understand where or what I should be doing or I never found what I was looking for , both of which leaves me feeling like the old woman I really am !! Lol 

It took me about 5 years to find forums , so discord….. you have no chance of keeping me there. WGT , you need to look after your own website and improve communication here and on App , before outsourcing to discord . To coin a phrase…. iMO ! Lol

• Robbo81303
    410 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2022 9:00 AM

"WGT Promotes Discord".....sad but oh so true.

One of my goals this week: "Win a game in the 100 coin room"

Why on Earth, as a TC with roughly 17 million coins at the moment, would I wish to humiliate some poor newbie in order to win 5 stinkin' bonus points???

I yearn for the day when "morally bankrupt pathological liar" ceases to be a preresiquite for employment at WGT.

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2022 9:38 AM

Robbo81303:

One of my goals this week: "Win a game in the 100 coin room"

Why on Earth, as a TC with roughly 17 million coins at the moment, would I wish to humiliate some poor newbie in order to win 5 stinkin' bonus points???

I yearn for the day when "morally bankrupt pathological liar" ceases to be a preresiquite for employment at WGT.

I don't think that the folks at WGT lie.  But I do think that the daily and weekly Goals need a lot more thought and fine tuning.  

Here are a couple of my goals:

The 1st goal is obviously a money grab by WGT.  The 2nd goal is a head-scratcher.  Nobody I know likes the ball effects.  They're silly, and playing a multi-player game with a ball effect is a great way to keep yourself from getting invited to future games.

And forcing people to play coin rooms, especially lower coin rooms where low-level players are trying to build their coin stacks, is awful.  

It's pretty apparent to me that WGT didn't think this whole G&A thing through before inflicting it upon us.  Maybe if they actually took the time to involve the Community in their new ideas (like a beta program), we'd all be better off.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2022 9:52 AM

SamSpayed:
    The 1st goal is obviously a money grab by WGT. 

Maybe not, You buy the balls you meant to buy any way and get the extra points as a bonus

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2022 9:57 AM

We members of WGT who are NOT premier or premier plus members now know we cannot progress beyond 150 stars , each week , so just pick you challenges accordingly. Many challenges are double or trebbled up , like play a ctth, play 3 holes in ctth , play a tournament . These kind of challenges are achieved without much effort ! It’s pretty pathetic really , given the thought WGT are doing this to make us play more ! 

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2022 11:38 AM

bossbird:
    cannot progress beyond 150 stars

I am a premier pass holder and have been for years and I have not seen anything above 150 stars

• BGregg1
    17 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2022 11:58 AM

If they are going to force people to pay a minimum of 250 for ball effects, then the entire goals and achievements paradigm is nonsensical.  Its a total money grab.  

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2022 1:30 PM

I am repeating what Nico told us in these forums , he said you need to be a premier or premier plus member to progress beyond the 150 rewards. It could however be another glitch , I don’t know , as I am not a premier member. 

RSS