Forums

Help › Forums

Meter distance change when putting....

Mon, Sep 19 2022 9:01 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • AceHoler26
    325 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2022 11:22 PM

Maybe this isn't a bug but it seems to me like it is.

I get on the green, WGT defaults the meter to 30 feet, I change it to 15 feet because perhaps it's a 10-11 foot putt.  I hit the space bar to get the reverse view, when I do WGT changes the meter back to 30 feet.  I switch back to my original view using the space bar, meter still at 30 feet.  Now this doesn't seem to happen every single time.  And because it doesn't, I don't always look for it.  And when I don't notice and hit the putt, guess what happens ?

Yessssss......I putt about 15 feet past the hole sometimes even off the green....lol.  Yes it can be funny, but not when you are playing a Ready Go tournament....

• Lesthanpar
    1,449 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2022 11:34 PM

AceHoler26:

Maybe this isn't a bug but it seems to me like it is.

I get on the green, WGT defaults the meter to 30 feet, I change it to 15 feet because perhaps it's a 10-11 foot putt.  I hit the space bar to get the reverse view, when I do WGT changes the meter back to 30 feet.  I switch back to my original view using the space bar, meter still at 30 feet.  Now this doesn't seem to happen every single time.  And because it doesn't, I don't always look for it.  And when I don't notice and hit the putt, guess what happens ?

Yessssss......I putt about 15 feet past the hole sometimes even off the green....lol.  Yes it can be funny, but not when you are playing a Ready Go tournament....

You might be accidentally hitting the mouse scroll wheel changing it yourself. I have never had that happen as you describe. I have clicked on the wrong scale not paying attention or just plain screwed up.  Check what scale you are on one more final time even though you already have right before you click it just to make sure is my advice.

• AceHoler26
    325 Posts
    Wed, Jul 13 2022 12:10 AM

Have tested it several times by hitting the space bar and my hand not even anywhere near the mouse.

Double checking is well and good unless you are having a few libations during play.....lol.  Makes it easier to forget about double checking the meter

• Lesthanpar
    1,449 Posts
    Wed, Jul 13 2022 2:20 AM

AceHoler26:

Have tested it several times by hitting the space bar and my hand not even anywhere near the mouse.

Double checking is well and good unless you are having a few libations during play.....lol.  Makes it easier to forget about double checking the meter

Double checking meter is doubly important after a few libations lol. You as a tour Champ with a 55 average I think you are right on it most of the time libations or not.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Jul 13 2022 6:20 AM

change the meter after you change your view not before.

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Jul 13 2022 6:36 AM

I am usually really good about checking the meter before hitting, However on a short putt now and then I just forget or rush myself and find im hitting the 30 instead of 15 effectively doubling what I meant to hit. 

Try to get your progression down so the last thing you do is set proper meter, is my best advice...

• KenBTEXAS
    284 Posts
    Wed, Jul 13 2022 2:10 PM

mine only does this with power meter tip 'on'.

When I turn it off it stops changing the meter

• bob2putt
    1,243 Posts
    Wed, Jul 13 2022 2:12 PM

I find the experience exasperating, many potential birdies blasted by the cup because wgt decides when to be intuitive or not. They have no problem suggesting what Iron to hit for your shot although they usually suggest to much club. I feel that if the putt is under 15 ft in length then the meter should default to 15. I usually deal with it better when accompanied by a few libations of course. At the end of the day we are responsible for how it is set up but it's fun to *** sometimes.   Bob

• AceHoler26
    325 Posts
    Wed, Jul 13 2022 4:59 PM

KenBTEXAS:

mine only does this with power meter tip 'on'.

When I turn it off it stops changing the meter

That did it !  Thanks !

• AceHoler26
    325 Posts
    Wed, Jul 13 2022 7:36 PM

bob2putt:

I find the experience exasperating, many potential birdies blasted by the cup because wgt decides when to be intuitive or not. They have no problem suggesting what Iron to hit for your shot although they usually suggest to much club. I feel that if the putt is under 15 ft in length then the meter should default to 15. I usually deal with it better when accompanied by a few libations of course. At the end of the day we are responsible for how it is set up but it's fun to *** sometimes.   Bob

And you know it as soon as the putt leaves the club lol

• PAGES
RSS