Forums

Help › Forums

Is there a secret to getting XP quickly?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 23 2024 7:29 AM (20 replies)
  • BAAAD49
    11 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2022 10:02 PM

I've played WGT for a long time and I'm tier 93.  I've gotten XP through playing every day, upgrading some of my apparel and have thought about upgrading my membership to get 50% or 100% matching XP.  But when I moved from tier 92 to 93 I checked to see how much XP I needed to get to 94 -- it's 144,400 XP. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!

SO what am I missing?  There must be other ways to get XP I'm not seeing.  How do you get the most XP?  I don't want to get 1000 XP a day and take 4 months to get to 94.  HELP!

Mike

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2022 2:11 PM

Playing to maintain your CDP Helps, You can buy the "WGT" Gatorades-

WGT XP Ultra Boost Starting at 270 Credits Provides 40% increased XP to reach the next WGT Level more quickly

If you use them when you have a bonus day and/or playing a lot that day it does help, We all have had the same struggle....

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2022 2:24 PM

BAAAD49:
    I'm tier 93.
    To avoid confusion: You are level 93, and your tier is Legend.

BAAAD49:
    SO what am I missing? 
    It's THE GRIND, one of the company's secrets to business success. Eventually, everything becomes looong!

You might want to put your own secret weapon against it - play for fun!

And, please, tell me why you are so eager to reach L94? What would be your reward?

My interpretation of the low end of your equipment (LW, putter, ball) is that this department ain't your concern(?)

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2022 3:41 PM

alosso:

BAAAD49:
    I'm tier 93.
    To avoid confusion: You are level 93, and your tier is Legend.

BAAAD49:
    SO what am I missing? 
    It's THE GRIND, one of the company's secrets to business success. Eventually, everything becomes looong!

You might want to put your own secret weapon against it - play for fun!

And, please, tell me why you are so eager to reach L94? What would be your reward?

My interpretation of the low end of your equipment (LW, putter, ball) is that this department ain't your concern(?)

Maybe he wants the level 94+ Callaway Rogue ST max driver, 

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2022 7:46 PM

borntobesting:
    Maybe he wants the level 94+ Callaway Rogue ST max driver, 
    Playing the Starter ball, this would be waste IMNSHO.

LW + putter speak against it, too.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2022 8:29 PM

Wait til he goes up to level 150 and higher,    lol    talk about a grind,  with no benefits

• EdwardTLogan
    504 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2022 9:43 PM

How many consecutive days do you have? That makes quite a large difference in accumulating xp.

In order to get the most xp for you and your club you should use a CC pass on your first round of he day.  A country club tourney on a customs course will get you the most xp.  Ideally it would be a 'water boy' tournament.  

Purchase premier or plus membership.

Purchase the xp boost bottle in conjunction with your first round of the WGT day.

I have over 1700 consecutive days and a premier membership.  Average daily xp hovers around the 13000 mark. Takes me roughly three weeks to level up right now.

Cheers, Ed

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Jul 11 2022 12:15 AM

EdwardTLogan:
    In order to get the most xp [...]
    Pardon me snipping, but the OP is in no CC.

EdwardTLogan:
    A country club tourney on a customs course [...] a 'water boy' tournament
    Needs special privileges to set up and does nothing but XPs...

EdwardTLogan:
    Purchase premier or plus membership.

Purchase the xp boost bottle in conjunction with your first round of the WGT day.

Valid ideas, but quite expensive and mostly "for nothing".You'd need a good reason for such spendings, and I see no reason for him to aspire L94 in the first place.

EdwardTLogan:
    (my) Average daily xp hovers around the 13000 mark.
    Impressive, but pardon the question: At your L136, the game gives no reason for your run - what's your rationale?

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Mon, Jul 11 2022 12:51 PM

alosso:
    It's THE GRIND, one of the company's secrets to business success.

it is definitely a grind - but players in the forum appeared to work together to unlock the mystery of that "secret"

but if most people dug deep enough to learn all those nuances - like the fact it will take them over 1.5 million XP just to unlock L97 irons that they will feel competitive with - they may not feel all to motivated to start or they will be more motivated.

but it is not easy and it is possibly a significant hurdle that players need to figure out and learn how to work thru - and even motivated players end up getting impatient and spending credits or money just so they don't feel like they are at a disadvantage when other players already have the best clubs.

I think I noticed it might have taken a WGT employee and it is their job - to reach L85 in 6 months and that is only around 300,000 XP  okay if someone is going to be ticked off - I think the number shown in one of the forum posts is 298,215 XP required to unlock L85 clubs.

The illusion levels goes fast is somewhat misleading and likely done intentionally so people starting out feel as though you are leveling up fast - when in fact the points required also increase exponenially and get much harder the further you get.

A bit like dangling a carrot in front of the horse only to keep stretching it further and further away as the horse assumes they are getting closer  - for that reason - I can actually understand the frustration players end up voicing because unless they research and learn what is involved - it can feel like being blindsided.

• EdwardTLogan
    504 Posts
    Mon, Jul 11 2022 5:54 PM

I just like playing. The xp boost I rarely use/used but I did so occasionally, not so much any more. 

The premier membership? Comes in handy for Clash and Turf Wars.

The daily xp? Helps the club and wards off fellow club members looking at catching me on the club leaderboard.....

RSS