70 Posts
    Wed, Jul 6 2022 12:35 PM

The doll needs to turn around

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Wed, Jul 6 2022 2:23 PM

SamSpayed:

Trent0419:
    Everyone that not only continues playing, but pays their money to it are the biggest suckers the world has. 

I think he meant the rest of us, not him...

trent

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Wed, Jul 6 2022 2:37 PM

PureGro1:

SamSpayed:

Trent0419:
    Everyone that not only continues playing, but pays their money to it are the biggest suckers the world has. 

I think he meant the rest of us, not him...

trent

Some players never learn that if they post hypocritical BS, they are gonna get busted in short order by Sam, or Robert, or Chris, or Steff, or...lmao...need I go on?

• AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Thu, Jul 7 2022 3:56 PM

SamSpayed:

Trent0419:

There could also be red boxes drawn around 2017 and all of that equipment.

• craigswan
    30,962 Posts
    Fri, Jul 8 2022 3:31 AM

The Greatest Art GIF

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2022 10:10 PM

AlaskanDame:
    There could also be red boxes drawn around 2017 and all of that equipment.

PRETTY SURE ALL THIS STUFF WAS FREE FOR SIGNING UP ON WGT RIGHT???

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Mon, Jul 11 2022 1:37 PM

JD - am not picking on you - just wanted to make a reference point to start with and your post was not altogether different from some of the others already made.  just the most recent. 

JDGHOST:
    PRETTY SURE ALL THIS STUFF WAS FREE FOR SIGNING UP ON WGT RIGHT???

it is entirely plausible that some people regard watching 2 credit videos as still allowing a person to essentially play for free - provided they don't value their time or effort to watch those videos.  

but - as a result many people will build credit bankrolls that allow them to play without spending their own money.  So they still regard it as free even if their activity shows them buying balls and clubs with credits they earned in their mind for free by watching videos.

I am not sure why that is not obvious to more people.  

If anything those people watching the 2 credit videos, which likely includes some of those posting, could be viewed as mocking the people that actually spend money as much as the person being called out for expressing their frustration with the game. 

I might argue that those watching videos in their own personal way are saying just what this person did - don't spend money ( especially when you can watch 2 credit videos) - As such, their actions are saying - I won't spend money either - which is about the same as what the person being quoted was suggesting people not do.

There are people that I know have never spent any of their own money yet own all the best clubs and use good balls - and you can see ball purchases or gifts being given - without them spending a dime.

The problem is - we can't always see how they obtained those credits - whether it was through cash transactions or thru watching videos or doing surveys.  And then there are people who won't give WGT money but in effect buy credits off other people at a better rate or deal.  

I don't find his post too hypocritical actually.  Because many people refuse to spend their own money - but the difference at least as I see it - those who watch videos may not feel as emotional or financially invested in the game and won't feel "ripped off" or feel inclined to post about it in the forum - but sometimes the most vocal or frustrated are those who do feel taken advantage of because they feel more financially invested in the game and there is nothing they can do about it but vent their frustrations.  

I could write a lot more - and I could dissect his own post where I might agree and disagree with the person venting, but I don't think he wants or needed an answer but merely an outlet to vent some frustration.

Just my take on this .. and if the guy has or did spend money - people should try and support or comfort them - because if people out there were not doing so - then we might be spending $30 on a sleeve of virtual golf balls by now instead of seeing the prices of $15 we see now, which many people do feel is absurdly high.

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Mon, Jul 11 2022 10:59 PM

el3n1:
    JD - am not picking on you - just wanted to make a reference point to start with and your post was not altogether different from some of the others already made.  just the most recent. 

el3 you and I are friends so I take no offence 

And I agree with most if not all of what you stated ...I personally spend no money (For the most part) When I got started a few bucks for sure but it's been years. I find other ways to build credits.

And your point  about what we "Could" be spending on "Ball Cost" if not for the masses  is spot on! 

I was merely reacting to the crude and thoughtless comment

"Everyone that not only continues playing, but pays their money to it are the biggest suckers the world has". 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2022 4:34 PM

JDGHOST:
    I was merely reacting to the crude and thoughtless comment

as I noted there are things I agree with and disagree with but ultimately I felt the person was just venting frustrations experienced in the game.  And, as such, it is a reflection of that and not necessarily those he may have seemingly directed the response too.  

we can choose to take such things personally or try to understand the underlying frustrations - if WGT sought to address some of those concerns it might help them retain players - but if they ignore the underlying concerns that leads to people leaving or stop spending money - then it ultimately tends to lead to more cuts to tournaments, along with club and ball price increases etc..

all I know - is that the more I know and learn - WGT can be a tough sale to anyone that gains a deeper glimpse at the perpetual cycle of microtransactions that can be quite substantial - especially if the person does not take advantage of 2 credit videos.

• KenBTEXAS
    284 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2022 6:32 PM

2 credit videos while playing poker.

That is only 1 poker game for 150 credits.

Multi tasking :)

RSS