Sun, Dec 10 2023 8:38 AM (31 replies)
  • FamousBeef
    271 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2012 8:30 PM

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2012 9:59 PM

ColumbusStorm:

Just counted the hits on the Nike 20XI-X 71+ ball. Got exactly 120 hits which did count 1 putt in a CTTH. 

Stroke play Putts were not counted in the 120 hits, only the putt which occurred in a CTTH. Therefore it seems that putts in all CTTH have always counted as a hit.

The 120 hits match up with the Callaway balls with the same number of dots of durability.

Does WGT have any idea how many ball hits should be refunded to anyone having used a putter on a green in a CTTH.

• bearclaw27
    553 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2012 10:24 PM

FamousBeef:

putts count now, thereby making balls last about half as long as before

???   putts only count in CTTH... Right?

• FamousBeef
    271 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2012 10:56 PM

bearclaw27:

putts count for me in stroke play now

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2012 11:30 PM

bearclaw27:

FamousBeef:

putts count now, thereby making balls last about half as long as before

This is what Icon confirmed when the subject of ball life consumption came up in the Nation putting contest. He also stated that this would be corrected.

I understood that putts in CTTHs are counted to ball life as shots in CTTH. Presumably the same is true in Blitz games.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Tue, Jul 24 2012 10:55 AM

There should be a ball counter at the bottom of the screen to show how many hits are left on the ball, exactly the same as the putter pal counter. Then we would all know for sure what we're getting.

• jack300s
    21 Posts
    Thu, Jul 26 2012 9:27 PM

So, when you buy golf balls they only have so many hits in them? What happen to the ball after it hits its hit number? Does it just go away?

I thought they were good until you lost them?

Sorry for the dumb questions......I've only been a member for a couple of months and haven't brought balls yet.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Jul 26 2012 9:48 PM

They just go "poof" and are automatically replaced with a fresh ball of the exact same kind.... or with a starter ball.

• swannyxx
    303 Posts
    Fri, Jul 27 2012 9:17 AM

DAZZA501:

There should be a ball counter at the bottom of the screen to show how many hits are left on the ball, exactly the same as the putter pal counter. Then we would all know for sure what we're getting.

If they did this they would'nt be able to slip you the wiener.

• Pimpollillo
    179 Posts
    Thu, Aug 16 2012 3:54 AM

WGT GI-S 2-dot 120

There's something I don't understand. 

We've got three pack of balls when we buy. With that kind of ball, for example... Does it mean that we have three times 120 hits, or that number of hits are the three packs in total?. 

Ty very much.

RSS