Forums

Help › Forums

rude players

Mon, Oct 31 2022 6:00 AM (44 replies)
  • languageGuy
    5 Posts
    Mon, Apr 18 2022 6:17 AM

Greetings,

First of all I want to share how much I enjoy playing this game. It's a rockstar app setup that is appreciated. One hiccup I'm running into is rude players. There aren't many. I see that I can block players from friend request but noticed today that I might still be matched up with turkeys like this morning's match with screen name Poppalleh. 

In the past I've been able to turn the chat off mid-round but I can no longer do that.

How can we continue to keep the game enjoyable for everyone? Any chance there can be a <Report a Player> feature to get people suspended after several reports? Go back to being able to block personalities go against every grain of the spirit of golf?

Thanks in advance.

Daryl

• Duphpherer
    437 Posts
    Mon, Apr 18 2022 9:07 AM

hmmm...  I've always been able to mute chat/block player and I'd be surprised if the option is gone intentionally. Perhaps the latest update created a few more bugs. 

You can report bugs and players (big bugs) here.  

https://m.wgt.com/help/request?ref=wgt

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Wed, Apr 20 2022 3:36 PM

languageGuy:

Greetings,

First of all I want to share how much I enjoy playing this game. It's a rockstar app setup that is appreciated. One hiccup I'm running into is rude players. There aren't many. I see that I can block players from friend request but noticed today that I might still be matched up with turkeys like this morning's match with screen name Poppalleh. 

In the past I've been able to turn the chat off mid-round but I can no longer do that.

How can we continue to keep the game enjoyable for everyone? Any chance there can be a <Report a Player> feature to get people suspended after several reports? Go back to being able to block personalities go against every grain of the spirit of golf?

Thanks in advance.

Daryl

Member since July 2011 and this is your first complaint ever...seriously???

Take screen shots and send them to WGT CS

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Wed, Apr 20 2022 7:00 PM

Oops. Guess it's time to see the eye doc again. Misread the thread title. Thought we had an apparel glitch.

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Thu, Apr 21 2022 3:29 AM

No glitches in this game.

twinponds169:
    Thought we had an apparel glitch.

• ghutton
    2 Posts
    Thu, Apr 21 2022 6:08 AM

Hi,

I have a similar story to you, I have been a member for quite a while but only started to play against others a couple of weeks ago, mainly the single hole Chelsea match up.

Obviously there is a bit of gamesmanship with players waiting until the last moment to take a shot and that doesn't bother me at all.

I had one player who got a bit impatient when I had a loading problem which happens occasionally but other than that the vast majority have been polite when chatting but one player called [naming players not allowed] wasn't just rude he was vile and obscene. I wont write what was said because it really was disgusting.

His first comment was to ask if I was gay and after I responded with a curt reply there was a string of swear words which were filtered out and a further comment which was worse than anything else said up to that point. He had only been a member for 1 day!

He has been reported and I have had a reply that an investigation was underway. I think that the suggestion to ban players after 3 complaints, which I also passed onto the complaints department, is a good idea. I suggested that using ip addresses is one way to prevent further accounts being set up by a banned player.

I think this type of abuse can be reduced if we the players report it straight away and lobby the WGT team to take these things seriously.

Many thanks,

Greg

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Thu, Apr 21 2022 6:38 AM

Yes you can Block them instantly with in the game and they will not see your in game chat and you won't see theirs and they won't be able to post to your Wall just block and play on.

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Thu, Apr 21 2022 6:54 AM

Tigerpaw509:

Yes you can Block them instantly with in the game and they will not see your in game chat and you won't see theirs and they won't be able to post to your Wall just block and play on.

The OP joined in 2011. I'm a bit surprised (actually, very surprised) that he didn't already know all this stuff.

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Thu, Apr 21 2022 2:32 PM

Hey Greg- As bad as that is, It is against WGT Terms Of Service to name other players in the forums. I would edit your post and remove the offenders name.

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Thu, Apr 21 2022 3:21 PM

callaghan159:
    No glitches in this game.

twinponds169:
    Thought we had an apparel glitch.

Nooooo, never a glitch around here, lol.

But Nude Players, that would have been a doozy of one.

Imagine getting on one day and getting into a game and all the avatars are without apparel. Of any sort.

LMAO just imagining that, but ya never know around here.

RSS