Forums

Help › Forums

smooth pocket pickers

Mon, Nov 7 2011 6:47 AM (5 replies)
  • Rzbk
    376 Posts
    Sun, Nov 6 2011 8:46 PM

Maybe all this is happening..

Has anyone put some thought into the fact that when the alternate match and skins games freezes, disconnects, forces you too reload etc. for 3 times the game is over.

Or it disconnects and that's it. You start a new game. You receive no XP points. You get absolutely nothing for your investment in that game.

And just before the game disconnected you noticed your red ball usage slide moving closer to the "we tossed your ball".

And then you think about the numerous games that this has happened in recently.

And then you wonder why the more complaints, the more this happens.

And then you start to wonder why nothing is being done to fix this.

And then you think about the price you paid for those balls and divide that by the hits your allowed before the ball is tossed.

And then you wonder just how many "ball hits" you have paid for and were just used in a game the site cancelled.

And then you just might start wondering if this game disconnecting is a sneaky way of forcing increased ball usage with no return such as XP points.

But then for a minute you have to admire the way a skilled liar and thief can pick your pocket and take your money so smoothly you never felt it .

And then you realize that maybe all the complaining is inadvertly covering up what's really happening.

And then in the next game just as the dreaded "last ball, buy some now"  pop-up shows the site disconnects again.

Just wondering

• MentalChaos
    141 Posts
    Sun, Nov 6 2011 10:45 PM

While thats a very valid observation, you also have to take into account that this game is played by people from all over the world with alot of horrible internet providers and bad connections, and even though your connection might be ok and your computer might be decent enough to run the game, thousands of other players are on 10 year old computers with thrid world country internet providers running 1Mbps and hundreds who have no idea what spyware/walware is and how it effects their connection, and when you take all that into account the only way to eliminate the problem completely is to play single player games or with people you know have no connection issues, and if the problem is on your end, then upgrade your setup or figure out whats wrong on your end. 

Because I for once can say when I play single player rounds (whatever type of round it is), I have meter issues and connection issues only about 5% of the time, whereas when i play multiplayer rounds I get them about 60% of the time.

So if saving your balls and money is an issue, think about whats more important, money, or socializing...

• Anise
    28 Posts
    Sun, Nov 6 2011 11:59 PM

this made me lol so hard

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Nov 7 2011 12:53 AM

no

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Mon, Nov 7 2011 1:39 AM

Business is more exciting than any game.

Lord Beaverbrook (1879-1964),attributed

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Mon, Nov 7 2011 6:47 AM

You cannot prove it will not happen.

Lizzie xx

RSS