Forums

Help › Forums

Password Reset

Fri, Dec 30 2022 2:03 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Cyclone8585
    6 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2022 7:49 PM

I had installed this game on my new computer and had played for several days. Then the computer kept crashing (not because of this game).

I exchanged for a new one, and reinstalled the program. I tried my password that I thought I had used, but it didn't work. I have now reset my password 5 times, and it keeps telling me it is not the right password. What am I doing wrong????

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Fri, Mar 18 2022 1:18 AM

HUH?!

Q1) How were you able to log in and write this posting if the password didn't work?

Q2) I assume, by "resetting your password 5 times", you meant you had successfully changed it. How was it possible for you to achieve it without knowing the old password?

Whatever it is, you'd better write an email to WGT Member Services <members@worldgolftour.com> directly. Good luck.

• Cyclone8585
    6 Posts
    Fri, Mar 18 2022 6:22 AM

Sorry.

I can log into the web page for WGT just fine. However, I cannot log into the actual app to play the game. Sorry I was not clearer in my post.

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Fri, Mar 18 2022 6:40 AM

When you reset your password, did you use the same one? If you made a new one, you may have to sign out of WGT and then sign back in with your new password before that password becomes effective and works in the app/game.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Fri, Mar 18 2022 7:42 AM

It's quite alright, cyclone. There's nothing to apologize. Something just didn't sound right to me. That's all.

Try what Scott suggested and contact WGT if it still doesn't work. Again, good luck.

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Fri, Mar 18 2022 8:27 AM

ScottHope:

When you reset your password, did you use the same one? If you made a new one, you may have to sign out of WGT and then sign back in with your new password before that password becomes effective and works in the app/game.

Hey scott, Isnt there an issue with password length? Maybe that is the problem here?

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Fri, Mar 18 2022 8:42 AM

It used to be an issue PG, but you can't now enter a password longer than the 10 characters that WGT specifies when creating or changing your password.

• Cyclone8585
    6 Posts
    Sat, Mar 19 2022 7:38 AM

OK. I logged out of the website. I then went to the app, and did a password reset through that. Then I signed into the website, logged in successfully into the website. Then I opened the app using the "Play Now" button in the upper left, used the new password, and it didn't work.

I'm at a loss. I haven't been playing that long, so it's not like I've acquired a ton of game assets (and spend no real money), but I still would like to retain what little progress I've made.

• Cyclone8585
    6 Posts
    Sat, Mar 19 2022 7:43 AM

I've reached out to the help desk via this site. We'll see what they suggest.

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Sat, Mar 19 2022 8:02 AM

Cyclone8585:

I've reached out to the help desk via this site. We'll see what they suggest.

I think they will be able to sort this out for you....Good Luck!

• PAGES
RSS