Help › Forums

Clubs with Added Distance Abilities

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 6 2022 7:41 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • GuDGeoNaToR
    63 Posts
    Thu, Mar 10 2022 3:03 PM

OK, so my driver's normal distance is 280 yards & I have ability that gets it to 294. My 3WD's normal distance is 235 yards & have ability that gets it to 245 yards. In 3 different matches today those number randomly changed. In 1 match it showed my driver distance as 296 yards. In a different match it showed driver distance of 292 yards. I the last match it showed my driver distance at 282 yards & my 3WD distance at 247 yards. I never used my 3WD in the 1st 2 matches & never checked it's distance. Anyone else having this issue?

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Mar 10 2022 4:13 PM

GuDGeoNaToR:
    Anyone else having this issue?

From what I recall being discussed in the Forums in the past, I believe it is just a display glitch.

Don

• GuDGeoNaToR
    63 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2022 5:07 AM

It's still doing it. My driver was showing 300 yards & 3WD 237 yards. I don't think it's just a display glitch but that my clubs are going those distances based on how much farther I was driving the ball.

• tramilleo
    1,869 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2022 6:00 AM

CERTAIN combos of clothes negates other clothes for example max apparel cancels out swing edge clothes

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2022 6:39 AM

GuDGeoNaToR:

OK, so my driver's normal distance is 280 yards & I have ability that gets it to 294. My 3WD's normal distance is 235 yards & have ability that gets it to 245 yards. In 3 different matches today those number randomly changed. In 1 match it showed my driver distance as 296 yards. In a different match it showed driver distance of 292 yards. I the last match it showed my driver distance at 282 yards & my 3WD distance at 247 yards. I never used my 3WD in the 1st 2 matches & never checked it's distance. Anyone else having this issue?

If you are indeed talking about match play it could be that the host had the apparel bonuses turned off. One of the settings in setting up a match play is apparel bonus on/off, Actually that setting is in every game mode except normal tournament play. 

• GuDGeoNaToR
    63 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2022 10:53 AM

These were coin games & my club distances weren't reverting back to original distances like playing in tournaments.

• GuDGeoNaToR
    63 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2022 10:56 AM

What are you talking about? My driver distance boost ability is Swing Edge & my 3WD boost is Max. They both work & don't cancel each other out.

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2022 12:38 PM

It's still doing it. My driver was showing 300 yards & 3WD 237 yards. I don't think it's just a display glitch but that my clubs are going those distances based on how much farther I was driving the ball.

Take the clubs you seem to notice that are subject to this distance variation to KIA #1 and check to see what the max distances are with apparel and w/o apparel. Make note of those distances. The next time you encounter what you believe to be distance variances compare the distance numbers you are getting to the mapped distance numbers you obtained during your exercise at KIA (remember to look at the correct number, either with or w/o apparel). I think you will note the actual distance you are getting has no relationship to the distance displayed on your screen as the club’s rated distance. It’s the glitch.

• GuDGeoNaToR
    63 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2022 10:20 AM

Does anybody know for sure if this is just a display glitch? It's hard to tell while playing a game with winds. Every time I go into practice mode to test my clubs they always show correct distances & they are correct. I was just playing somebody with exact same distance as my driver but I had a +14 yard ability & he didn't. We were driving almost the exact yardage every time. Does this happen to everybody else? It's seems to happen like every other game.

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2022 12:21 PM

TopShelf2010:
    I believe it is just a display glitch.

+1 Display glitch

Losing abilities? - World Golf Tour (wgt.com)

• PAGES
RSS