Forums

Help › Forums

'Replays; Camera angles; etc.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 11 2022 9:36 AM (4 replies)
  • AZWillieB
    15 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2022 11:45 AM

Does anyone know if there a discussion thread somewhere on this forum that discusses the terrible state of the camera angles that are displayed?  Some examples: Camera angle below level of ball on short approach shots; a stable, default camera position for putts that allows one to look directly along the line of one's putt without having to go to 'Green View'; No grid displayed on green unless ball is on green (i.e when chipping or pitching from just off green); NO REPLAYS!

It is my feeling that Topgolf milks me for as much money in equipment as they possibly can but in the time since the desktop version was released there has been negligible changes to the way the graphics are displayed.  Twenty years ago, Links2003 allowed almost unlimited camera views that could be controlled by the player so there is nothing I am suggesting that wasn't done long ago.

Finally, the graphics for all courses would be fantastic IF some of the above deficiencies were addressed.

Is there a discussion thread somewhere that discusses these issues or am I the only one who notices.

Bill
  • TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2022 12:04 PM

AZWillieB:
    Does anyone know if there a discussion thread somewhere on this forum that discusses the terrible state of the camera angles that are displayed? 

Here is a list of threads that have been created...

Camera Angles (results from using the SEARCH feature)

Don

• AZWillieB
    15 Posts
    Thu, Mar 10 2022 11:01 AM

I did that too but tried your link.  The top listed item is 'Free Photography Cheat Sheet' from photzy.com.  Various camera systems listed for sale at a plethora of websites but nothing about this game although it is within the WGT website:  URL:https://www.wgt.com/forums/search.aspx?q=camera%20angles#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=camera%20angles&gsc.page=1

So now, besides the above questions, doesn't this render the WGT forum search virtually useless?

Thanks in advance, Bill

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Thu, Mar 10 2022 11:35 AM

AZWillieB:

I did that too but tried your link.  The top listed item is 'Free Photography Cheat Sheet' from photzy.com.  Various camera systems listed for sale at a plethora of websites but nothing about this game although it is within the WGT website:  URL:https://www.wgt.com/forums/search.aspx?q=camera%20angles#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=camera%20angles&gsc.page=1

So now, besides the above questions, doesn't this render the WGT forum search virtually useless?

Thanks in advance, Bill

If you would have scrolled down past the Ads you would have seen many, many threads about Camera Angles on WGT.

Try it again and

Happy Reading

Don

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2022 9:36 AM

The reason you will have had unlimited camera angles on Links was becasue it was built up using computer graphics, so they could probably give you a full 360 view of just about any shot.  WGT isn't like that, it's made up of HD photos, hence the quality of the scenery.  From what I remember, WGT take somewhere in the region of 300,000 photos per course, and then use around 30,000 of them when the course is released - do the maths, that's over 1600 photos per hole.  Oviously they cannot give you absolutely every conceivable angle for wherever the ball lies becasue that would take more than 30,000 photos for one hole alone.  And I would pity the photographer who would have to move a millimetre at a time between photos.

RSS