Forums

Help › Forums

3 wedges in bag bug

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 14 2009 3:49 PM (4 replies)
  • garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 10:16 AM

Have dropped the hybrid and carry 3 wedges.  The 3 in question are all Z Satin TP Pro.  54,60,64.  Seems like the caddy will never select the middle of the 3, which would be the 60(77 yards).  Based on distance selects the 50 yard club fine, above the distance of that club will always select the 98 yard club.  Tried with the starter 70 yard in the bag and the same thing happens.  Can you please look into this.  Have had these clubs for quite sometime so they are not new in the bag.  Have cleared both flash, firefox, and have logged out and back in, doesn't make a difference.  Can't remember if same thing happens with Chrome as haven't played that browser for awhile.

Thanks

Gary

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 3:09 PM

Dont pay any attention to the caddie, do what you feel is right. The caddie only suggests a club,  your the one that has to perform the action.If we were to go along with the caddies selections we would all still be hacks...

It is handy when you 1st start to play this game as a hack player, but after that its up to you.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 3:33 PM

Cobra, you missed the whole point.  I do make my own club selection, dont really care what the caddy suggests.  The point being is that with 3 wedges in the bag it will never select the middle wedge.  All other caddie selected clubs are based on distance to the pin, and then yes you make your own choice.  When you carry only 2 wedges it will select 1 of them based on distance, just like it does the 5 iron or 7 iron or any other club.  That was the only point of asking for them to look into it.  Put 3 wedges in your bag and you will see what I am referring to.

Thanks

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Mon, Dec 14 2009 3:23 AM

I actually have 4 wedges in my bag......

PW 100yds

77yd wedge

65yd wedge

50yd wedge

I can use all 4 off them, just click on the wedge of your choice and you can use it. Not sure what your saying realy...

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Mon, Dec 14 2009 3:49 PM

I didn't count the PW as that is standard in the bag with the iron set.  Correct you can click on any wedge or any club for that matter and use whatever.  If you just pay attention to the club the caddy selects,(no, not saying that is the club you are going to use) it will be based on distance for the next shot.  I think you will find that the caddy will never select your 65 yard wedge.  If your shot is 55 yards the caddy will always select your 77 yard wedge.  This only happens as far as I tell when you carry the extra wedge, not just the standard 2.  Every other club will be selected based on distance correctly.  It seems to be a bug in the programming causing this to happen.

RSS