Help › Forums

Score

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 22 2022 8:48 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SouthernSlam
    215 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2022 2:03 PM

I saw on a player's stats that their best 18-hole round was an 8. How the heck is this possible?

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2022 4:16 PM

SouthernSlam:

I saw on a player's stats that their best 18-hole round was an 8. How the heck is this possible?

It was an exploited glitch awhile back.  Can't remember exactly how it worked, I tried not to use it after I found out about it, but still I have a 23/9 and 43/18.

You were around at the time it happened.  Yours are 20/9 and 47/18, probably both not legitimate scores.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2022 4:56 PM

None of those scores are from the Glitch.  23/9, 43/18, 20/9 & 47/18 are all legitimate scores probably from playing 9 & 18 hole rounds on all the all Par3 course.

The Glitch happened a few years back in the Coin Rooms where any coin room game was counted as an 18 hole Ranked Round. It did not matter if it was a 1, 3 or 9 hole coin game. It used the final score as the persons Best 18 hole round. The 8 would probably be for a 3 hole coin game. Some people have 1 or 2 as their best 18 hole round as they played 1 hole coins games. It did not affect anyone's Best 9 hole scores.

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2022 6:28 PM

Marchie, you nailed it. It was when wgt tried to merge the pcea game with the mobile. The result was as you stated,evry coin room game,(no matter how many holes)was counted as a ranked round. And that was the end of the experiment.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2022 7:29 PM

Marchie, you may be correct about the par 3, but coin rooms, I don't know.  I have never played anything in the coin rooms.  Also the coin rooms have not been around that long in comparison to the par 3 course.

But now when you mention it.  IIRC it was a glitch when the par 3 course first came out.  Normally and now par 3 and par 5 have no effect on your 9 or 18 hole scores.  The glitch was it did at first.  And that may be why I quit playing the par 3 course after it first came out.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2022 9:19 AM

garyk49:
    Marchie, you may be correct about the par 3, but coin rooms, I don't know. I have never played anything in the coin rooms ... now par 3 and par 5 have no effect on your 9 or 18 hole scores.

It was 100% a Coin Room Glitch, exactly as i described it above.

I was not around when the Par3 course was first introduced but my guess is the glitch it had at first is that the Par3 rounds were being used in calculating AVG's. This would affect AVG quite a bit as they are only 27 & 54 Par rounds rather than the standard 36 & 72 for most other courses. Currently they do not count towards a players AVG.

As far as I know scores played on the Par3 courses still count in a players stats for thier Best of 9/18 Holes. Your Best 9 and 18 hole scores of 23 and 43 are legitimate as they are -4 for a 9 hole round and -11 for an 18 on the Par3 course, not a result of the glitch the OP is asking about.

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2022 2:22 PM

MarchieB:
    It was 100% a Coin Room Glitch, exactly as i described it above.

That glitch is probably how I went from Legend to TL without having the required ranked rounds at the appropriate average, hmmmm. Was that possible?

MarchieB:
    As far as I know scores played on the Par3 courses still count in a player's stats for their Best of 9/18 Holes

The best of 3 and best of 5 do not count towards averages. This was a topic of prior forum post discussing averages and tiering up.

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2022 2:48 PM

Two things..

You are definitely right about the coin room glitch. I was caught up in it and as a result my best 18 hole round is credited as a 4 in my stats. And yes HP,  some players were promoted as part of that glitch. But if I remember correctly there was some effort made afterwards to address that issue. I recall a number of players I knew at the time who received promotions, some of whom a day or two later were notified of the glitch and were dropped back to their previous tier while others retained their promotion.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2022 5:42 PM

HamdenPro:
    That glitch is probably how I went from Legend to TL without having the required ranked rounds at the appropriate average, hmmmm. Was that possible?

Yes, I also was promoted to Legend after having been a TM for just about 3 weeks. Not sure if I had the required RR’s but the glitch definitely lowered my AVG quite a bit.
    HamdenPro:
    The best of 3 and best of 5 do not count towards averages. This was a topic of prior forum post discussing averages and tiering up.

Yes I meant to add in my post that that they no longer count towards AVG’s  (if that was the Par3 glitch when they were first introduced) What I was saying was that the par3 9 & 18 hole courses still count towards your personal Best 9 & 18 hole record in your stats.

Cicero733:
    And yes HP … Some players were promoted as part of that glitch. But if I remember correctly there was some effort made afterwards to address that issue. I recall a number of players I knew at the time who received promotions, some of whom a day or two later were notified of the glitch and were dropped back to their previous tier while others retained their promotion.

Yes part of the Glitch was that you would receive the XP point of an 18 hole RR even for only playing a one hole coin game. 
    I wasn’t aware that anyone had been demoted back down. 😢 

• SouthernSlam
    215 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2022 8:46 PM

Yes, those are legitimate scores on Par 3 courses. Those were scored on the old format before this current version.

• PAGES
RSS