Help › Forums

TM Spider X Which one to choose

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 12 2022 12:59 PM (3 replies)
  • madpat2012
    11 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2022 6:07 AM

I would like a new putter

The level 94 is 3495 coins yet the level 35 is 900 coins with very little difference in specs

My question is why should I not just  buy the level 35 one

Thoughts and advice welcome

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2022 8:42 AM

Personally I would wait and get the lvl 98 Scotty Cameron Phantom X 6 Putter M1 or M2...

I don't think your going to get much more performance from the L35 than what you have with the WGT putter. 

The level 94 is a far better putter IMO than the L35, stats are not far apart but to me performance was/is.

• BPeterson8256
    2,909 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2022 12:46 PM

PureGro1:

Personally I would wait and get the lvl 98 Scotty Cameron Phantom X 6 Putter M1 or M2...

+1

And you didn't ask, but the club that helps scoring more than any other would be a good 64 degree wedge. The L80 64 degree Titleist would help scoring way more than a new putter.

• el3n1
    4,495 Posts
    Sat, Mar 12 2022 12:59 PM

madpat2012:
    Thoughts and advice welcome

if you are having trouble with putting - you would be better off - looking into ways to improve your ability to read the line of putts.  it cost you nothing but some time and practice.

it won't matter if you are using a starter putter or the highest end putter in the game - you start a putt on the wrong or bad line - you are likely to still miss the putt - but it just cost you more credits to do so.

while there is some truth in the idea you can buy a better game - it is not an automatic answer - even with better clubs and balls - you still need to learn how to play them - whether that is by remembering how they play after thousands of rounds or spending a little time getting basic mapping notes.

you can also improve your putting somewhat by improving your accuracy into the greens and lowering your ADP - shorter putts can often be easier - especially below the hole - but there are some short 5 foot putts above the hole on c14 greens that are harder than 15 foot putts below the hole.  Learn where to leave your approach shots if you can.

a little time and effort and maybe practice even with your starter putter - and once you start to see your putting improve - then it may be possible that a better putter will start to make a difference but it can still depend on your putting style.

some people specifically choose a certain type of putter because they are miss ding putters - whereas other are "ding" putters and find the better high end putters work well for them.  

the key or challenge - is knowing your game - where you are at - and what the strength and weaknesses may be - and from there - you can make the best investment with the credits you have to spend.

RSS