Forums

Help › Forums

WGT - How Can It Be Better?

Wed, Feb 2 2022 7:34 AM (27 replies)
  • Yrydys
    38 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2022 5:30 AM

lol Now that my suggestions are out, It's time for me to build a golf game. Lets make it with Unreal.  

• craigswan
    30,983 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2022 6:30 AM

The best online golf games are realistic golfing simulations that include various multiplayer modes

These are some of the more notable online golf games..

In third place - WGT Golf .

In second place - a game that involves just putting .

In first place -  A golf game where you can play for real money .

you decide .

• craigswan
    30,983 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2022 6:38 AM

For your information . 

4th best game - courses are in asia and europe .

5th best game - can only play with oneself . single play .

6th best game - playing against a ghost .

4th best game - There is also a world ranking list and would you believe it the number one ranking player is henry kawa .

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2022 9:36 AM

pdb1:
    Even as it appears to be obvious that the current platforms capabilities are maxed out . I'm afraid an investment the size of what is being suggested is very unlikely .

I don't know where you're getting that from.  WGTChampion stated back in May 2021 that they were doing a Unity upgrade, in order to position themselves for the future.  The upgrade has been done.  WGT is using it now in their development efforts.  But development and testing takes time.  (Okay, yes I laughed too when I typed the "testing" part 😂)

• RedRockster
    692 Posts
    Tue, Feb 1 2022 12:27 PM

Put the missing features that were in the Flash version into the new platform as promised.

1, ability to reply with text why you are declining a game, not just the meaningless canned messages.

2, ability to see ball distances by hovering on the ball in the mini map. Not available sinse the Early Access takeover of wgt.  

3.  Ball effects:  there is a Ball Effects icon on the screen, but you can't click it to add or remove effects, you have to open the ball itself, then go to ;effects,  all on your turn (forget even trying in a 45 sec game!)  We used to be able to add, delete or change a ball effect at any time, not just on your turn.  Since it doesn't really affect the game there is no reason this cannot be re-instated in wgt.

• beerstine
    668 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2022 1:32 AM

1.  Take a few months off from designing ugly holiday themed garb and silly tee markers and work to make the game fully optimized and stable across all platforms.  On the Mac, the meter still stutters and frame rate gets choppy just trying to stream music in the background. Full screen mode is worse, and I'm playing on professional grade hardware.  

2.  Take the most common complaints in the forums seriously and prioritize fixes before adding new features or redesigning old ones.  I'm glad WGTNico is the new community manager and hope he can be an advocate, or at least explain where technical limitations make some requests difficult.

3.  Put a link to the forums on the Home Screen of the game on all platforms. Engage more of the players who don't even know this community exists.

• Docwormburner
    263 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2022 1:44 AM

are you saying we have replay somewhere? I haven't seen replay since it was in Flash 

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2022 7:34 AM

Docwormburner:

are you saying we have replay somewhere? I haven't seen replay since it was in Flash 

Not sure who you are responding to or asking, but No we do not have replay.

RSS