Forums

Help › Forums

WGT - How Can It Be Better?

Wed, Feb 2 2022 7:34 AM (27 replies)
  • Yrydys
    38 Posts
    Mon, Jan 24 2022 11:29 PM

As I see it, NFTs could be bought from Nike (or any another trusted company) and be used in the game, the same for any in-game equipment.

That is how it's going to be in the future, one might as well start now, why not WGT (reputation is good, now it needs fresh new ideas and man/girl power). NFT profits could be used to juice the engine and his playability (and not just management). 

NFT will also become virtual tools, like a fine Titleist 3 Driver. It does not have to be clothing/apparel only; beauty and equipment/simulation come together. 

The virtual world is as we make it, so we should have rules; otherwise its bad chaos: eg. no pay to win/aim assist or slow meter balls (its medium or nothing...you have to swing! No pro swing like a turtle in real life, its hard!): simulation should be done according to reality, not ego.

• MioKontic
    4,590 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 2:17 AM

SamSpayed:

MioKontic:

So in 3 weeks the OP has come up with that list... and thinking no one has ever done the same in the 14 years WGT has been running?  Think again!  You can scream all you like, nothing... NOTHNG will be done.

A pointless thread.

There's nothing wrong with the OP expressing his ideas here in the Forums.  I think a lot of them are great ideas.

I am not sure I understand exactly what the NFT Apparel, Clubs, and Balls would be, though.

Ask yourself this?  Would someone who has been here 3 weeks know all this stuff?

And a few specifics:

Elo Rating System
    What???

No levels Or Infinite Levels
    Why not?  Does he want top level equipment to play off baby tees?  Maybe everyone should start off the back tees.

Monthly membership (3$, 6$, 9$, 12$ maximum)
    That would drive the majority away.

More control (like PGA tour)
    Once again... what???

More options for custom course
    He's been here 3 weeks and already he's into building custom courses.  And specifically what options is he on about?  Including holes from courses that don't exist maybe?

Quicker help desk
    This is very true.  But how many times has he contacted WGT to have come to this conclusion?

More commercial space
    To avoid repeating myself, you whatty?

More marketing/sponsors
    Maybe Sky TV want to start making virtual golf clubs?

Less Aim Assist/Pay to win
    Ok, just going back to... what???

NFT Apparel (eg, Buy NFT Shirt from Nike or another trusted source)
    NFT Clubs (eg, Buy NFT Club from Titleist, or TopGolf, or another trusted source)
    NFT Balls (...)
    Like you said, what is NFT?  And buy from 'another trusted source'???  So WGT should allow you to spend their credits with someone else?  Got to laugh at that!

Player Verification available at PRO TIER
    Yet again... what???  And also, why all of a sudden has he decided player verification (whatever that means) should be from Pro tier?
    EDIT:  Ok, I know now, he tried to cheat the system by using a VPN to pretend he was from another country. Hmmm, shouldn't verification be from when you sign up???

Better Graphics and Cameras
    Obviously HD photos aren't good enough!  And with regards cameras, does he even know how it works?  You can't have cameras where there were no photographs taken from.  There was a thread many years ago which explained the whole process; I think it said somewhere in the region of 300,000 photos are taken per course, of which 30,000 are used.  Maybe he wants them to take 300,000,000???

Better FPS
    If he can afford monthly membership he can afford a better computer!

Better Notebook (GPS data and visualization)
    Seriously???  He's come up with this after just 3 weeks?

Average should be affected in competition if the game is forfeited (no penalty for multiple forfeits)
    Umm... what?

Better anti-cheat (Kernel)
    How many cheats has he come up against, and what are they using?

More e-Sport events (online and on-site)
    Wanting to be in the limelight already!  He's a Pro tier... or is he???

Better matchmaking
    Try Harmony, they're meant to be pretty good.

More actions against toxic behavior (in-game and in the forum)
    What do you expeect when you come up with garbage like above!

Like I said, an absolutely pointless thread from someone who clearly knows a lot more about WGT than someone who's been here 3 weeks!

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 3:11 AM

SamSpayed:
    I am not sure I understand exactly what the NFT Apparel, Clubs, and Balls would be, though.

I'm not either (posh coins maybe) but I guess he's suggesting another way of getting equipment.

Non-fungible tokens

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 3:54 AM

While still in its infancy, the metaverse is morphing into a thriving subculture for artists and creators, and a place where creative types can release virtual editions of their products, called non-fungible tokens (or NFTs), which other members of the community can bid on and buy. As a pot-sweetener, many creators are offering real-life perks to those who purchase their NFTs, like exclusive access to events and discounts on products..

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 3:59 AM

Fashion fans are forking out thousands on pounds… for clothes that only exist online.

The digital togs can be used to dress cartoon versions of participants in virtual worlds.

A £9,000 golf outfit is just one of the items available online, and a matching Tam O’Shanter hat will set you back another £2,300.

For £9,000, you can also get a tracksuit covered in the Decentraland Games logo, which can be worn in Decentraland – one of the most developed virtual worlds on the internet.

Designer brands are also getting in on the mindboggling new trend, with Dolce & Gabbana, Nike and Adidas all producing clobber for the virtual world.

Each piece of clothing is sold as an NFT – or non-fungible token – which can be bought and sold in real-life like a painting or any other valuable item..

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 4:03 AM

DodgyPutter:

SamSpayed:

I'm not either (posh coins maybe) but I guess he's suggesting another way of getting equipment.

Non-fungible tokens

Thank you. After reading this, i will try to get a degree on nuclear physics....it's easier.

• Yrydys
    38 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 6:14 AM

Before asking questions and posting them unprepared you should study the subjects a bit in my opinion. Btw, you (you know who you are) are toxic, maybe that is why you and Sim** don't "like" me and others (other players are talking about toxic behaviors - its a reality). Rage will get you anything but trouble.

What is Elo ? Search

What is what is...Search

If I'm so pointless, why are you here (now I'm sarcastic)?

• MioKontic
    4,590 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2022 1:41 AM

Yrydys:

If I'm so pointless, why are you here (now I'm sarcastic)?

If the game is so bad that you have to ask for all these changes, why are you here???  Maybe you're better off in another game and leave this one well alone!

RSS